The easiest way to find a reliable American moving company is to obtain a moving cost estimate. You can get free moving estimates for Missouri long distance movers, local movers, and self service movers right here on Moving Authority. Whether you want to move your furniture or you want the best car transport in Missouri, we're here to help. Have a look at Missouri moving reviews to find the best company for you.
3 Rookie Mistakes You Should Never Make With Movers
- Signing the Contract Before Understanding It. It may feel overwhelming to ask questions about every little detail of the contract, especially if a mover who knows the contract like the back of his hand is pressuring you to sign. Stand your ground and ask for an explanation on everything. That could save you tons of money!
- No On-Site Estimate. If you get a quote online or over the phone, this is really only a ballpark estimate. When an estimator comes out to examine your moving space firsthand, only then can you receive a binding quote.
- Paying Too Little. This may sound counterintuitive, because you are going to want the best price for moving companies in Missouri. However, if the amount you're being charged is shockingly low, this is a giant red flag that perhaps you've got a rogue mover.
Labeling Your Boxes is Much More Important Than You Think
- Aside from being easily identifiable, labels on each and every moving box are important for several reasons.
- You can use different colors of your labels for different rooms. This is highly recommended for sorting and unpacking purposes.
- Also, having boxes which are clearly labeled as part of an inventory system makes the move very smooth for your team of movers, who will ultimately be placing the boxes in your new place.
- When movers know the rooms where certain boxes will be unpacked, they can place the boxes in the correct place with no problem.
- Be sure to place additional labels on any boxes which are fragile. Don’t be afraid to go overboard with fragile labeling, as it’s important to everyone involved with the move that nothing gets broken in the process.
4 Different Categories of Moving to MO, Simplified
- A Residential Relocation. If you are going from one home to another while moving to Missouri, this type of move is residential.
- A Commercial Relocation. Moving your place of business from one place to another, or expanding into another separate location, is considered a commercial move.
- A Long Distance Relocation. If your move to Missouri is not confined to the local area, this is a long distance move. This can mean that you're moving a few hours away, a few states away, or even to the other side of the country entirely.
- An International Relocation. If your relocation crosses a border into another nation, this is an international move. Additionally, moves to Alaska and Hawaii are considered international moves (despite their respective statehoods) due to their place outside of the US mainland.
Kansas City Through the Eyes of a Local
- Get BBQ at Joe’s Kansas City, but get there 30 minutes before they open to stand at the front of the line!
- Indulge your artistic senses at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Get some local goods from the open air City Market.
- Enjoy local jazz music and the majesty of the classic fountains at the Crown Center.