California Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
1587 Movers in California
I recently received my delivery, and I'm pleased to leave this review for BLVD Moving. The guys did a great job the whole way through from the packing to the sales process. I've worked with several movers in the past, and this was the most stress-free. They are really professional and helpful. They did everything beyond their limits to make my move stress free for me.
Nightmare experience. Horrible. I have to write a review because the experience was so poor. Over charged, 5 hours late, lost items and then demanded more money. Long story short, they charge a deposit which should get credited to the total hourly bill. Instead, they showed up 5 hours late, making every excuse in the book rather than just owning up to the fact that they made a scheduling error on their end (saying they have me for Sat 5/31, when 5/31 is on a Friday, my moving day, when I am left waiting). The movers themselves were friendly, but lost many items in transit, and then demanded the full payment in cash without deducting the deposit I had given. No discount for being late. No discount for lost items. And would not provide cash receipt so that I could maintain records and possibly dispute. After calling the office and trying to file a complaint and hopeful recovery of horrible service, I was given the run around with no conclusion. Thus, just a horrible service. DO NOT USE.
The Manager and his team were amazing. They went above and beyond helping me move and were so nice and professional. Would 100% recommend to anyone looking for a wonderful moving company.
WORSE MOST DISHONEST COMPANY EVER DEALT WITH!!!! DO NOT USE!! Response to b_ll Sh__ customer service. John the general supervisor at united transportation moving and storage, is let's be clear. You definatly declined to allow an Addendum to be added to form stating that if payment wasn't not made by your company I had protection. Since you have more than one review from an online source stating failure to pay settlements or told people bankruptcy was filed with your CEO/owner) so was it was necessary to have an agreement that would guarantee payment. He is a crook and so is your company. I told you you shouldn't of messed with me.
I did so much research to choose a moving company by making sure they had good reviews and running background checks. I ended up choosing big bens because of the "good" reviews and I even compromised paying more than other companies we were quoted. I would give 0 stars if possible. I had a horrible experience with Big Ben's Moving and Storage. I booked my move a few months earlier and we gave the dimensions to all of the furniture to the sales representative over the phone. He told us most likely we would get our stuff in 5 days. On the day they were coming to pick up my items, I was told that the movers would come between a 4-hour window. They were four hours late AFTER the suggested window of time. I also had added a stop prior to this and when I called they were confused and said that they didn't have another stop even though I was sent the new contract with the stop in it. After they packed all our stuff they said the amount of space we had compared to how much we were quoted was $700 extra!!!!!!!!!!!!! $700! We had to pay way more than what we were quoted because the sales rep miscalculated my move so much... I just took the hit from that figuring it would be okay because I would get my items on time. I was so wrong. After a week, I still had not heard from them. I would call, "customer service" they just tell me the same thing about how they do not have any updates because dispatch had not said anything. I had already passed the "estimated delivery time of 4-21 days" and I still did not receive any updates except that my stuff was sitting in a storage unit in a different state. My move was 1600 miles which is on the lower end of the range they gave me (1501-3300 miles) so it was ridiculous that it took so long. After three weeks I finally got my stuff. Other than taking such a long time to get my items, they completely damaged one of my filing cabinets and I ended up having to fix it with tape. Big Ben's Moving and Storage is a horrible moving company. Do not use!!!
Canxpress Moving team was absolutely excellent. They were extremely professional, efficient and paid attention to details/ instructions given. I'd recommend them to anyone looking to move!!
Best quality movers was fast, friendly and professional. They made quick work of my move and took care to not damage any of my items, even repackaging things to make sure they were secure. I highly recommend them for your next move!
Great service, friendly guys. Would use Shleppers again without thinking twice. They took apart a big heavy structure and then put it together in the new place. They are very careful, your stuff is their stuff. They are also very respectful.
AMAZING company. Competitive prices, friendly staff. Brittany was helpful and gave me an estimate over the phone after we went through my inventory. It took maybe 10 minutes over the phone. On moving day, Jerome and his crew worked for 5 hours to pack up my 2 bedroom apartment, it was a lot of work! They pro-rate every 15 minutes after a 3 hour minimum. I had two (!!!) dining room tables that they had to carry out, and they disassembled my living room couches quickly and efficiently. Thank you England Van Lines for working with me while I was being very picky about how to handle my personal effects.
Mortified at this point. Ive given this company over 2k so far and just found out that my things are still in California? They dont have a driver to go to Florida????? I was told 10 to 14 business days. Not 30 days. Calling is of no use. Trying to get your sales rep is worthless. They answer but are apparently afraid to say hello????? So you have no idea if youve connected. This is awful. So now im in Florida thinking my things will be here at the latest by early next week and that is so not the case. I am livid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the most unscrupulous company I have had to do business with. Good luck getting your items on time and forget about being reimbursed for an approved insurance claim with them. We have filed complaints with the DOT and CA Insurance commission. This place should not be in business!!!
They are the worst. Set up a moving date and time and never showed. Said they wouldn't come to Montana, after they agreed to move me and took my deposit. Left me "stuck" my furniture in Montana and me in another state. I finally had to fly back to Montana and get my stuff and ship it UPS. The customer service is crap. No one answers phone or questions. I still haven't got my deposit back and just filed a Better Business Bureau complaint on them because they kept my money and still have not given it back. DO NOT USE THEM FOR MOVING. They have told me 3 times, my money will be back in account...it is still not. They are scammers.
These folks did a great job moving our belongings from the apartment and storage unit back to our home. They were very careful and nothing was damaged or scratched. They showed up on time , in fact 10 minutes early and were ready, highly recommend Herems Moving and Storage!!
Working with Buck's allowed my family and I to enjoy Santa Barbara while his company handled the move! Excellent work and excellent crew!
This company should be closed, this company is full of con artist. We asked to move a whole house, they brought a small truck for a one bedroom apartment. The drivers came days after the agreed upon day. If you read reviews, it is not just my experience do not try to save money! DO NOT USE THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY.
If you are planning a move to California, it means that you need to be an informed consumer. You want the best California moving companies to give you a hand. Moving Authority allows access to information like moving company reviews in California. Rating interstate California moving reviews are written by customers like you.
If you need a state to
1. The mild climate, usually 73 degrees and sunny, can help you live a longer life. A 2013 research study proved that death rates increase during colder winter months. However, this isn't the case if you live in warm and sunny California.
15 Reasons Why You Should Move to Southern California- According to Science
2. Persons who live on the coast generally have better health. No joke. Those awkward tan lines from a day on the beach, and canceling plans to surf are actually for the sake of health.
3. The agricultural side of SoCal will also result in a healthier you. The weekly trip you make to the local farmers market will also have a positive impact on your health in the long run. Eating fresh, locally-grown foods full of nutrients will be much better for you over time. California is a leader providing fresh vegetables and fruits.
4. Pursuing your goal for a career in the film industry is actually good for your health. Creative activities help to set the mind free and keep you active. Going to audition after audition and taking acting classes make you more creative.
5. You will most likely learn another language while living here, or at least some new foreign words. The SoCal/Los Angeles area is one of the most diverse areas in the country. Given this, you are bound to be exposed to some sort of other culture at least once a day. You will hear the language we all understand but hate to hear, known as Spanglish. Speaking more than one language is good for your mind.
6. It is fine if you do not succeed the first time. In fact, is almost expected that you will fail. Even successful people don't always make it; you have to be ready to take some risks. For example, a successful singer may release a good album one year and rise to stardom. The next year, they may not turn out any hits, and then fall off the charts. Eventually, they will make a return. It happens. Follow your dreams.
7. All the ethnic Mexican food can be good for you! Of course, the excess of cheese does not count. But, there are many ways to eat Mexican food while still maintaining your health. After all, the avocado is known as a magical fruit- given all the health benefits they have.
8. Those open-air events can be therapeutic. All the outdoor music events are good for your metabolism, or at the very least, put you in a good mood. Whether it's Coachella, the Hollywood Bowl or another event nearby, you can boost your mood.
9. You can find some gorgeous places to be alone California moves property search. In a place with 23 million people, it might be kind of tough to find somewhere to regain control of your emotions. But it is definitely possible. If you can’t find a place to chill for a while, then you could get in your car and drive. God knows, there are endless roads and highways to do that on in the large State of Califonia.
10. Don’t be afraid to socialize. There are so many people in this region of California alone, that it shouldn't be too hard to find a group you fit in with. You can meet people by rooting for a popular sports team and getting involved in the community. These things help you establish a sense of belonging.
11. There are a lot of health benefits to drinking a cup of joe. The number of coffee shops in Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego is astonishing. This is for the better, trust us. You can’t write your award-winning movie script when you're tired and drowsy. Meeting people in a coffee house is easy if you start the conversation.
12. Taking in some of the nostalgic scenery is a great way to fight loneliness, boredom, and anxiety. Whether you're enjoying an old film or looking at photos from childhood, remembering the past is healthy.
13. Going on an occasional day trip is a health MUST. If you have the ability to swing by the beach in the morning, go on a hike in the afternoon, and party at night, do it! Take some time off and use the time to visit some of the great attractions SoCal has to offer.
14. Sunlight rays contain Vitamin D, which is beneficial to your body and mood. If you live in California, you are probably getting more sunlight than you need. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Make sure to wear sunblock.
15. California cities are among the healthiest in the country. There are endless yoga classes, hiking trails, bike paths, and other exercise opportunities. In Southern California and Northern cities such as San Francisco or San Jose, it isn't easy to be lazy. Good luck and remember there is a reason so many people are relocating to California every year. It's a pretty hard state not to like.
4 Things You Should Never Pack in Moving Boxes
- Passports. This document needs to be with you at all times. If something happens to it, you have to pay full price for its replacement.
- Tax documents. These are important for tax records. Also, they have sensitive information like your social security number and income details.
- Jewelry. Jewelry doesn’t take up too much space, so you can store it and keep it with you to safeguard it from harm.
- Family heirlooms or sentimental items. These items are priceless to customers. Despite a moving company’s best efforts, these things can sometimes get damaged. To prevent a mishap, keep these things close during the move. You may even want to consider packing them separately to keep with you.
How To Outsmart the Scammers: Spotting ROGUE MOVERS
- Arbitration. Ensure that your moving company has an arbitrator. This is a person who solves disagreements between the customer and the company.
- Check the License. If a moving company isn’t licensed by the FMCSA, replace them. This means that they are not a legit company.
- Check References. Scan official channels like Moving Authority as well as peer-reviewed websites like Yelp. You can check the quality of service this company provides.
- Clarify and Verify. Make sure that you get your contract in writing, and make sure to look it over in detail before signing anything. Don’t sign for any charges that aren’t explained and agreed by both parties.
How Reading Reviews Can Save You Hundreds of Dollars
- With the technology available to us today, it’s never been easier to find a moving service. Also, you can research their performance with past customers. You always want to be careful when relocating.
- When you read reviews, you get a sense of how the movers California company operates. There's no better way to grab an inside look at how this company treats their customers.
- We give you access to thousands of moving companies with reviews.
- You’ll be able to find the best of the best when you do your homework and shop around. This translates to big savings on your overall move.
- One thing to keep in mind is that no one is perfect. Sometimes, moving companies make mistakes. One negative review shouldn’t scare you off. Instead, look for how the company solved the problem. Base your opinion on their
actionin the face of a dissatisfied customer. You should also follow up with their team to see their inner working of the moving company.
Movers By City in California
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote