South Carolina Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
172 Movers in South Carolina
Hired them for a move from Kure Beach to Florida with them storing our furniture until we found a house to buy. Estimate was $5400 to their storage then $650.00 per month to climate control storage and $5700 to repack truck and deliver when we found a new home. Estimator made a "Mistake" and initial move to storage was$2200.00 higher than estimate which meant storage was $1050.00 instead of lower estimated amount of $650.00 and delivery to Florida was $7400.00 instead of quoted $5700.00 Employees were top shelf but a Mistake in estimating weight of our things cost us $5000.00 more than estimate. Owner returned phone call after five attempts contacting him. Salesman Brooks told me he couldn't sleep when he found out how badly he screwed up our estimate. Ultimately owner took 10% off the bill for extra weight his sales rep had screwed up. What can you do when they low ball price then tell you its just an estimate not binding but now they have all of your things and their held ransom. So sick and tired of moving company scams. No regulation or anyplace to take your issues to for resolution. I really thought trying to hire locally would be a good thing and reviews were all five stars Humm!!!! Wonder if their all honest reviews or their stacking the deck having friends play customers for reviews. There's no five star review from me.
Would not recommend. This company had 2 guys come out to move my elderly mother and they charged her $600.00 to move 2 beds, table, 2 couches , washer, dryer and china hutch that they ended up breaking the glass inside it so she can not use it at the moment. They had to travel 12 miles to her new home. She had requested that I not do a review as she is scared they will come after her. This is so sad. First and only time we will use this company.
The process of finding a good mover can seem daunting. But doing a little research is worth it. 1. Get recommendations from neighbors 2. Do an initial screening and ask questions 3. You should end up with at least two or three licensed companies to call for a free in-home estimate 4. When an estimator comes to your home, show him everything 5. Be wary of any company that comes in much lower than the others 6. Now check out the contenders in more detail; confirm licensed and insured
I had Trevor, Ed, and Courtney move me today. They were awesome!!! They certainly went above in past to guarantee my turn ran easily without any issues. They didn't leave until totally everything was finished. They don't guaranteed anything had been harmed in the move also. I've moved a great deal, and nobody analyzes to them. I would very prescribe them and would utilize them once more!!!
Great company the move was fast safe and the three guys were amazing I'd refer Dunnagan Moving for everyone thanks guys
We used Duke moving for a move from Charlotte, NC to Houston, TX. Everything went smoothly. They came recommended and had the lowest price.
The movers in Salisbury were awesome. We stuffed every one of the cases, however they pressed the furniture. They were mindful so as to cushion and therapist wrap everything and appeared to pack the van deliberately. Upon entry in Salt Lake, the new group appeared to be more rushed. Boxes checked "Lounge area" were placed in the upstairs main room (far to convey something that could have been left beside the front entryway.) Numerous crates were placed in the wrong rooms and must be moved(and were overwhelming). Additionally, boxes denoted "This side up" were on their sides or upside down. The driver was brilliant. The partners were pleasant and proficient in both spots, only a little featherbrained in Salt Lake.
Appalling background, things harmed amid evacuation specifically a close shiny new TV that after just about two months of diligent telephone calls was reluctantly supplanted with a harmed ex-show TV. Awful client administration, loathsome expulsion administration. Stay away from AT ALL COSTS! In the event that there was a possibility for short of what one star Id give it. Pitiable.
toni Do not use this company! The women in the office were very nice but the owner is unhinged. Two of the three men who moved me had felonies. I found this is shocking because these men were in my home and know what I own. They broke very expensive items and the owner never reimbursed me, she was argumentative and insulting. Expensive furniture was scratched. The movers expected me to buy their lunch both days. When the job was finished I was pressured to give rather large tips. I have moved around the US and never been asked for tips! AND, the final bill was much more than estimated.
We are extremely satisfied with the service we received from Tiger Movers yesterday June 26th 2020. Edmond and JJ were the guys who helped us with the move in Simpsonville SC. These gentlemen were very professional, very polite and above all they took great care of our belongings and the walls of the house. They were so hard working and for close to 4hrs for the entire move, they were on top of their game. We have already told them we will request them again for our next move in September. We will highly recommend tiger movers. Their price was very competitive. Thank you for making this so easy for us.
These people moved my mother-in-law from one retirement home to another. she had a small refrigerator which she could not take with her and so gave it to my wife. The movers said they would be happy to put it in my wife's car. They put it in the back seat. When my wife and i were unloading the car i noticed that nothing had been placed under the refrigerator to protect the leather seat cover. I lifted up the refrigerator and found that in sliding it into the back seat, the movers had ripped the seat cover. My wife texted Bulldog movers and was told that it was her responsibility to make sure something was under the refrigerator when it was loaded into the car. These are "professional" movers. Should they not have known this? We traded texts with "Phil" about this but were told it was our fault and essentially to go away. We don't think this was my wife's fault. Now we have to pay for their mistake.
I purchased a used air hockey table from a family in the Asheville area and I needed to get the table to Greensboro. I spoke with Doug Carpenter several times. He went to look at the house to see what sort of truck would be needed as well as to see if there would be any obstacles impacting his ability to get the table out of the house. He didn't want to simply quote me a price without understanding the situation. I don't hold the moving company industry in high regard but I was super impressed with Doug and Appalachian Movers. Doug was very clear in how the process would work and he delivered as promised.
This company hit our car with their moving truck. They refuse to do anything about it and are very rude on the phone. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.
The Duke moving team were so helpful and efficient. They made our out of state move a breeze, plus they were more affordable than larger moving companies. I highly recommend them.
Had previously scheduled other movers that did not show up. They came last minute early on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and did a wonderful job of packing. I am not sure what we would have done if they were not willing to do that.
How To Have An Effortless Move to South Carolina
Moving Authority has a list of the best South Carolina interstate movers so that you can find a state to
These days, many people opt for self-service movers over South Carolina long distance movers. If you only want to move your furniture, this may be a wise decision. But if you're looking for the best car transport in South Carolina, research South Carolina moving company reviews. Moving Authority offers these with free moving estimates so you can find the right American moving company for you. Get a moving cost estimate to compare local movers and have an easy move. Your moving companies in SC are waiting!
Moving With Children: How to Keep Your Head Through the Hassle
- It can be difficult to make kids get rid of toys, even if they never play with them anymore. If there are certain items you know your kids will never touch again, stash them away a few weeks before packing and if your kids don’t wonder where they are, it’s a safe bet that you can donate them to charity.
- Be sure to outline every task that needs to be done. This way, you can easily identify all chores and moving doesn’t seem quite as stressful.
- Give your kids some duties that can help with the moving effort so that they can feel included and you can get some extra stuff done.
- Be flexible. As with almost everything in life when you have children, moving to SC is an experience that can have many surprises pop up.
How To Eat Your Way Through South Carolina Like A True Southerner
- Shrimp & grits are a local delicacy that you’re hard-pressed to find anywhere outside the American Southeast. Though many Southern states make the dish, it’s best in South Carolina.
- Oysters are eaten by the dozen and natives never get tired of them.
- You can eat red crab any old day; South Carolinians know that the best
crabmeatunder the sun is pulled from blue crabs.
- The barbecue in South Carolina is more than just grilled meat; it’s a way of life. South Carolinians take their barbecue seriously, and never even dream of having it without first bathing it in a homemade hot sauce.
5 Quick Reasons That Charleston Will Be Your New Favorite City
- Southern Hospitality is alive and well, and you’ll never feel like a stranger to anyone.
- Days are spent lounging on the porch in wicker rocking chairs, enjoying the sunshine, year-round.
- The way the sunsets dance along the waterfront will steal your heart.
- Tea is served sweet and the best
4 Red Flags of a Super Low Price You Shouldn't Overlook
- You should never pay less than $70 per hour for professional movers. One reason for a deep discount below the industry standard is that companies might skimp on Worker's Compensation Insurance, which means that if a mover is injured on your property, YOU have to foot the bill.
- If the SC movers lack valid federal licensing, they might try to entice customers with outrageously low rates.
- When you're paying a ridiculously discounted price, you're probably not getting well-trained and qualified movers, but day laborers who will work for low wages.
- Moving scams are unfortunately prevalent. If the price seems too low and you are trying to find "the catch," trust your instinct. Rogue movers are always trying to find new ways to rip-off customers.
Movers By City in South Carolina
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote