Massachusetts Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
212 Movers in Massachusetts
Thank you to the monster movers they did a great job - no damages and fast
The movers were great and the bill was true to their initial estimate. They were well trained, professional, sociable and energetic. They arrived on time with all equipment necessary, including floor runners for our wooden floors. Happy to have hired Roy's moving for my move.
No Communication - awful customer service, no answers and a week later I am still waiting on furniture that was canceled during the delivery window!
I spoke with All My Sons moving of Rhode Island to move the heavier items in my apt (couch, kitchen table, bureaus, side tables, queen mattress, box spring, and frame, etc) I spoke with the company on March 16,2020 I was told I would pay $129/hr plus 90 minutes travel time. I was immediately charged a $100. deposit. My move was scheduled for March 26, 2020. On March 25, Mike called to confirm the move for the following day and that the movers would be arriving by 12pm and would call when they were 45 minutes away. On the 26th because I have a weird door with a drain in front of it, and a counter set at it, A relative and I carried some of the items outdoors to help them out (I have an injured shoulder and leg) So 12pm came and I waited... and waited... and waited some more, at 4:25pm when I had not heard anything I called them. The guy on the phone told me that "two drivers had called in sick, they were just finishing up on the first move and would be there within a half hour (this seemed odd as it was so late) so I waited...and waited. No one showed up. At 6:15pm I called again and was told the movers were "off the clock" and would not be coming after all. They then asked me what my schedule was and told me they would make me a "priority", but since I was told that when I first contracted them I NO LONGER TRUSTED THEM TO KEEP THEIR WORD! so I chose to rent a Uhaul and I moved myself with the help of a dolly, reinjuring myself but I got it done. The Uhaul and dolly cost me less than $60. and I paid myself $25/hr for the 4 hrs it took me. Renting that Uhaul was the best decision because in the meanwhile I had read all the NEGATIVE reviews about ALL MY SONS moving, and I am sure that their final bill would have been padded several hundred dollars above the $400. I was quoted. If you have to move do yourself a favor and read the consumer affairs and yelp reviews about them. They don't communicate, they overcharge, property is broken or missing. As of right now, I don't have my $100. back but I feel confident court will get it back for me. With this company it is absolutely CAVEAT EMPTOR! Even if you are desperate because you have to move, put them at the bottom of your list.
We couldn't be happier with the service we received from Vanguard. We recently had to move from Cambridge, MA to Santa Fe, NM (in the middle of the pandemic, no less!) We weren't sure if a local company would be able to handle this cross-country move, but Vanguard responded to our query within hours. Since in-house visits were impossible because of COVID, Vanguard based their estimate on a FaceTime tour of our apartment and things (the only company to do so; this meant they were also more confident in and committed to their estimate than other moving services we considered). The quote we received was very reasonable and lower than other companies we'd looked at. Tom and his crew showed up on time (wearing PPE) and were extremely professional and friendly. Vanguard was communicative with us throughout the move, they arrived on schedule, and not a single item of ours was damaged in the 35-hour drive. And as a final (unheard of!) surprise, the cost we paid ended up being a little lower than the estimate, since packing and unpacking took less time than they'd predicted. I would recommend this company to anyone with enthusiasm -- they combine the communication and care of a local business with the infrastructure and capacity of a much larger company. Thank you, Tom and Julie, for all your help! You made what could have been a very stressful move so easy for us.
Scratched up and dented my hardwood floors. His workers were on their phone texting for a lot of the time. I got an eye infection and corneal abrasion that day and was in extreme pain and lost my vision, and they took advantage of the fact that I couldn't see or monitor them well to do a shitty job. Texted him the picture of my dented hardwood floors and never got a reply. If you read his response on Yelp to a negative review he received from another customer, you'll see that it's just insults directed towards the customer. That shows enough of the owner's lack of character.
My involvement with Stairhopper was incredible. The entire procedure from planning to the real move was fantastically simple and effortless. The evaluating is reasonable and the 2 men who moved my things were to a great degree cautious, affable and charming to work with over the span of the day.
I am EXTREMELY unsatisfied with MacDonald Moving services. They moved our entire house 1 state away and into a storage unit. I was not able to get into the storage because it was so full. However, about a year later when we are pulling out furniture we see that multiple pieces were damaged by MacDonald and tucked away without notification. It was not noted on their paperwork either. The amount that we paid these scam artists makes this entirely unacceptable! Do not, I repeat DO NOT use MacDonald Moving services. They suck!
So many 5 star reviews to read - what could possibly go wrong? Nothing that couldn't have been completely avoided. Maybe my little apartment move wasn't enough for them, so they had to make it more worthwhile to them? I just don't know. It started out with a good estimate. Not the highest one, not the lowest one, just right in the sweet spot. The estimator was friendly, professional and explained everything. So a few days later, after making my comparisons, I called and booked a day of packing and moving the next day after that. Normally I would pack up myself but trying to get it together between medical issues was daunting, so I bit the bullet and had them do it. It was my lifetime move #33 so not having to pack up was admittedly going to be an improvement on my usual stress-fests! Two packers were friendly, seemed professional and were super speedy-they arrived at 9am as planned. Basically they reassured me I could get out of the way while they worked. Off I went to a medical appointment. They were gone by 2pm with only a few items left for the next day. Tips were handed out and everyone was happy. Next day four movers arrived at 9am and started right in. I was expecting two movers but as it turned out they were killing time while waiting for another job to start so I was unexpectedly paying for their waiting time. Not a huge deal since it meant they'd be done twice as fast. All in all, there were very few glitches and the move was done by early afternoon. Surprise #1: the final bill was 20% higher than the estimate. I expected 10% but 20%? Yikes. I'd have gone with a mover who's moved me before (but who always breaks something) based on the estimate. Not so much I can do at that point, so . . .again, tips were disbursed, they left happy with the leftover breakfast donuts. Then I started unpacking. Surprise #2: a few hours in unpacking and I opened one of the bigger boxes, a china box. Usually packed with dishes & kitchen stuff, this one had even more paper than the previous ones, which were chock-full of packing paper. And more paper, and more paper and . . . yes, more paper all the way to the bottom of the box. Nothing but lots of paper wadded and screwed up in bunches to fill the boxes. Unpacking one empty box after another was a punch. All total, five large boxes with nothing but paper. Why?? Surprise #3: once I finally got everything unpacked I realized: I was missing two walking canes, one about 45 years old brought back from Barbados, with a carved fish head on top and one Amazon Choice with purple flowers for the last knee surgery. I called Burkhardt Brothers to inquire (1) if they had my walking sticks, (2) why the final total cost went 20% over, and (3) why bother stuffing boxes with paper if they were going to overcharge me anyway??caveat emptor and be FAR more watchful than I was if Burkhardt Bros pack you up because being charged for the empty boxes and a ton of packing paper is just adding insult to injury.
I've utilized Oscars twice. 2 years prior to empty a moving unit up 4 flights of stairs. They were magnificent, appeared on time made an extraordinary showing in the warmth going here and there. A second time a couple of months prior to move down 4 flights and up an alternate 2 flights. We did an overnight move where they stack up the truck on the 31st and keep it overnight and empty it on the first. This time they showed up ludicrously late and we didnt get moved out until midnight. At that point since they were working at 11pm they didnt make an extraordinary burden showing and a foot stool appeared busted. Not the best experience, but rather still entirely useful for a moving organization. They did pay 60 pennies for every pound as the "guaranteed' esteem on the table, so I got like a $40 check. Not precisely the 500 we paid for it, but rather at any rate something. I've moved bunches of times and stuff breaks, it happens, on the off chance that you dont get the additional protection thats what you get. On the off chance that you dont like it, dont move. On the off chance that you do move, Oscars is really great however not culminate.
Marcia Tyarks 1 review in the last week I really can't say enough about Daley & Wanzer! My husband and I have worked with them on both local and long distance moves and they always go above and beyond. All of our moves/storage needs were last minute and somewhat chaotic. Sheila is a rock star, Kate is amazing. The movers, both in Hull and down here in NC, were terrific. Everyone we spoke to and dealt with in the office in Hull was great. We will hopefully be moving into our permanent home in Chapel Hill in about 8 months, and we really wish D&W had an office here.
Called Crosstown to do a move for me and never received call back. The week before my move, I had some time so I called them again. A man answered and said that he was semi retired and was only taking certain jobs. He could not accommodate me. I called another company, Cartage America, and was booked immediately.
Provided expert help in conjunction with a remodel. Furniture carefully moved from home to storage container, then returned into home upon completion of work. Would highly recommend the Bert Hill team.
In December of 2020 I contracted this company to pick up my home possessions and store for several months while we were constructing a new residence. I paid additional money for 100% replacement insurance. Either during storage, or delivery they damaged a few items. They damaged a grill that had cost in excess of $4000.00. Top was caved in, and skirt was bent out of shape. This damage was not there upon pick up. Two furniture covers were completely shredded. Clothes dryer had a significant dent in the front. When I brought this to there attention I was told that I was wrong and they did not cause it. Arrogantly and rude response from owner. I requested a claim form, and was told he would send, but it would do no good. Form never arrived. Why did I purchase the insurance?
Quite an interesting experience we had with them. Since the very first moment they showed up, everything has been easy going all they way to the delivery. These guys worked their buts off! It was like a marathon! Everything synchronized and well handled. I've moved before yet this was a different and pleasant experience. Both, the crew leader and the helper were very polite and social. I'd recommend them to my friends. While the move was stress free for me, the price was too. Not the cheapest mover you'll see, yet there were no hiccups. Thank you Barnes!
The most important thing to look for in moving companies in Massachusetts: reliability. With so many moving companies in MA simultaneously competing for your business, it can feel like a headache to scout out the top movers Massachusetts offers. Knowing that you have found a moving company Massachusetts that you can trust makes all the difference in your relocation. Hiring movers MA residents recognize as the highest quality movers in Massachusetts is crucial. Moving companies Massachusetts locals endorse are all over the
Next-Level Wanderlust: What You Need to Know About International Moving
- With the rising cost of living and the staggering cost of university in the United States, many Americans are flocking to take up residence in other countries.
- If you’re considering packing up and starting fresh in a new land, it’s recommended to meet with a specialized international moving consultant.
- This person can guide you in the right direction with the steps you need to take in order to move overseas with precision, including things like being a liaison between customers and international shippers, as well as helping with international phone calls and translation services if you’re planning on moving to a country where you don’t (yet) speak the language.
- Also, an international consultant can prove to be an instrumental help with understanding the logistics of international carriage laws and customs regulations.
- Most often, household goods are sent overseas by shipping containers on freight boats, but can also be sent as cargo on planes.
- Of course, moving internationally will cost much more per pound or kilogram than domestic moving will cost, and it’s also important to remain flexible in your budget for surprise fees to pop up.
- The average prices of an international move will vary drastically depending on the total weight of the items being shipped, but a safe estimate for what one might spend on an overseas move can range from $2500 to $6000.
The DON’Ts of Boston…and One DO
- Don’t try to imitate that crazy New England accent!
- Don’t let anyone tell you misguided info about the rich history.
- Don’t just eat in a food court; go local!
- Don’t worry about jaywalking.
- Don’t compare Boston to New York City.
- Don’t try to smuggle your way into a Harvard class.
- DO have a taste-test between the cannoli at Mike’s Pastry and Modern Pastry. Who wins?!
5 Undeniable Reasons To Trust Movers With Your Vehicle
- Scrambling to sell it is a pain. If you're trying to sell your vehicle and get a new one in your destination, what if you don't have any buyers? The clock is ticking, so it can cause a lot of undue stress, or worse: accepting an unfairly low price just to get it off your shoulders.
- You're not piling on the miles. When you transport your car via a moving company, you're not driving all those miles to get it from Point A to Point B.
- You won't be stranded. Car trouble is stressful in and of itself, but car trouble in a strange town? That's a nightmare.
- No worrying about damage. Driving long distance exposes your car to the elements of the outdoors, careless other drivers on the road, and general wearing down of the vehicle. Sidestep all of that with auto transport from your moving company.
- It’s not as expensive as you think. There are two different tiers of auto transport service, so the prospect of having movers take care of your vehicle isn't quite as costly as you may assume.
5 Words That Mean Something Different to People in MA
- khakis—what you use to get into your vehicle and start it.
- Dunks—the only kind of coffee you need in your life.
- wicked—another word for “very”
- Sox—the only baseball team to pay attention to.
- Vineyard—one of the most beautiful beaches on the Eastern Seaboard.
Movers By City in Massachusetts
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote