If you’re moving
Are you searching for a state to
These days, there are countless ways to move your furniture and household goods. Read Alabama moving company reviews to find the best American moving company for you. Choose from qualified Alabama long distance movers, local movers, and
The 3 WORST Mistakes People Make When Hiring moving companies in
- Failing to verify the licensing. Make sure that the company you choose is fully licensed and insured with the FMCSA and the USDOT. Otherwise, your personal items could be in jeopardy with AL movers.
- Skipping the peer reviews. It can be time-consuming, but it really does pay off to see what previous customers had to say about how a company handled their move.
- Selecting the cheapest option. When all your worldly possessions are on the line, you want to know that they’re in good hands.
Keeping Stuff in Drawers vs. Emptying Your Dresser: What The Pros Say
- It can be tempting to save time during a move by keeping your stuff in your drawers, but moving experts recommend NOT to do this.
- When you keep your items inside your dresser drawers, it creates
extraweight that movers have to handle.
- Also, if the movers need to take the dresser apart in order to move it through doorways or tight corners, this creates
extrahassle for everyone involved when your items have nowhere to go.
- A win-win solution is to keep your items neatly packed in drawers and remove the drawers from the dresser. You can cover the drawers with tape so that nothing spills out, and your dresser or chest of drawers is light and easily portable for your movers.
4 Steps for Taking Control of Your Move
- Pack Like A Pro. Learn proper packing techniques in order to save you time, effort, and money.
- Get the Right Tools. When you are moving furniture or large items, it’s imperative that you use the proper equipment so that your things—and you—make it to the destination in one piece.
- Understand the Types of Moves. Are you moving your home? Your business? Both? It’s important to learn what type of move you have in order to get the best possible estimate from a moving company.
- Narrow Down a Budget. This is the key to having a successful move. If you pay too little for moving services, you run the risk of compromising the safety of your possessions. Know your budget and resist the temptation to skimp on the prices.
4 Life-Saving Tips for Moving with Kids
- Make A List. By staying organized, you’re taking control of your relocation.
- Hop A Plane. If you’re moving long-distance, fly to your destination rather than drive with the kids.
- Give Kids a Job. If your kids are old enough, instruct them on how to discard unwanted items or even pack their own things.
- Get an Early Start. Even if you think it’s too soon to plan, there’s no harm in being too organized.
Select a dependable American moving company to give you a free quote and assist you with your moving needs. Easily choose a moving company in Alabama for your upcoming local or long distance move by comparing Alabama moving company reviews. Click here to get your free moving quote.