North Carolina Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
399 Movers in North Carolina
Public was great help during my long distance move. We had great collaboration with these guys and they worked perfectly. Their sales rep was more than accommodating. He offered a good deal
company good, good equipment, very good monies..i stay here many many years
I know this is a long review but trust me you'll want to read the entire thing before using this company. We used this business over a year ago to pack and move our house from Iron Station to Denver, NC. I have been waiting since then for a response concerning the damage done to multiple pieces of furniture as well as items packed and waited to post this review in the hopes they would make good on the issues. They attempted to charge us almost $2,000 over what our estimate was despite many, many reassurances by the employee that he was over quoting. One of their employees that packed us also stated that they had us being charged for more weight than what he estimated to actually be. In addition we packed 4 rooms, in their entirety, prior to their arrival and everything moved into the new house was loaded into a box truck or stacked in the basement and living room so they didn't even have to set things up in the house. To say they were unprofessional is a gross understatement. There was a pile of cigarette butts left on my porch, trash from their lunch left around the house including a spilled drink that no one bothered to clean. They asked 100 times over about what should be moved and what shouldn't and in the end left countless things they were supposed to take but took a gun safe filled with weapons that they were explicitly told to leave. They wandered the house cussing, taking multiple smoke breaks and making inappropriate statements to my teenagers regarding the contents of boxes that were already packed and they chose to open. Their packing was a joke as well. Things from the top of the dresser were thrown into a box with clothes from drawers that were also haphazardly thrown into large wardrobe boxes. Shoes were thrown into a large wardrobe box along with multiple designer purses that were all dented and deformed when we unpacked. We have 3 leather sofas that were scratched in multiple places, chairs from a table set that are chipped, 2 dressers that were cracked, a lamp that was thrown into the back of the truck and was dented as well as covered in grease stains, and the list goes on. In addition we are missing a mirror and a large container filled with change and bills that we've been collecting since our son was born. When I reached out to them they were not concerned nor responsive. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a moving company and can not fathom how they are in business with practices such as this.
Very rude and racist people. Very disrespectful. Far better moving companies then this one that runs it out of their home.
I was pleased with the overall last minute moving of three small pieces from one nursing home to another. The problem I have is with their pricing. I was quoted their hourly rate which they charged me for two hours (did not take that amount of time but I went along with it). When I received my credit card bill I noticed that they did not give me credit for the deposit which was $50. I called and discussed with a rep and was told that the bill was correct so I have ended up paying for the two hours moving plus the deposit. Unfortunately, I will not be using them again although they did a good job with the move itself.
Charlie stuck with his quote even the unload was more difficult than expected. The crew was great to work with. They were careful and thoughtful in all respects. Our move date kept changing but Charlie was very flexible and easy to work with. We will definitely use them for our next move.
Awful. Broke several items. Wouldn't take responsibility.
so back weeks ago we scheduled our move through several companies. so with the covid issues and the kids and work we needed a plan to schedule to subside with our hectic schedule. a few days later we had a salesman from omni moving to come by and speak with us. long story short .... the move was great the movers were excellent everything went prefect !!!!! they packed everything in a timely fashion and the next day the movers loaded us up in nc and 2 days later in our new home in florida !!!! SO THANKS OMNI !!!! VERY PLEASED
great movers. i had no issues. our move was raleigh to Charlotte
This has been our second time using Tropical moves and each time we have been so impressed with them.. The guys are so pleasant and easy to deal with. Payng by the hour is sometimes not great for the customer but boy, these guys moved. No sitting around and they definitely move fast all the while being super careful with the furniture. They do such an amazing job I'd like to give them 10 out of 5 stars. Use them, you will not regret it.
If I could rate less than 1 star, I would. Completely unprofessional to charge a ridiculous amount to move from Oxford NC to Durham NC. This company arrived in a U-HAUL truck not a company truck. We contracted 3 men but only 2 men showed up to work. The truck was way too small to load all of the furniture and now they are refusing to return to pick up the additional items. They have been paid the contracted amount but we are completely unsatisfied and we will report them to the BBB. BEWARE! Horrible customer service and completely unprofessional. DO NOT USE!
Movers showed up 4 days late without even calling until the day of pick up. We emailed them pictures and descriptions of everything and they knew what they were moving a month earlier. Once they finally got here, they complained about the stairs and wanted to charge an extra $500. We also sent them pictures of the stairs the same time as the pictures of items that needed to be moved. I showed the mover the emails and pictures. They then called there boss and he called me and told me the items were to heavy to move and they got in there truck and left us hanging dry.
I tried Pro Movers for the very first time and was pleasantly surprised as to the efficiency of the crew. I have very large and heavy furniture and they handled it like pros! Their pricing was reasonable and I tipped the workers for their hard labor! I will use them again!!
Some time ago Incarcerated Who've Turned Their Lives Around I've been volunteering at Exodus for about a large portion of a year now. It is totally brimming with rousing stories. The idea is that it is a transitional group for individuals who have been as of late imprisoned. It cases to be the main religious such group in New York. The reasoning is that when somebody escapes jail, they as of now have every one of the devices they have to go directly into society - into the workforce, lodging, medicinal consideration, and so on. The "move period" is generally short, and Exodus never makes the presumption that one of its customers doesn't have the abilities to begin making a quick social and financial commitment.
They were extremely watchful with my assets. I moved from a studio to a 1 room condo. Literally nothing was harmed. Some of my furniture is on the pricier side and fresh out of the plastic new so I was somewhat jumpy. The movers were considerate and benevolent.
Here at Moving Authority, we make it easy to find a
Local movers and self-service movers are often overlooked. Instead, many consumers hire North Carolina long distance movers. If you want the best car transport in North Carolina or to move your furniture, it pays to consider every option. Get free moving estimates from every American moving company on your list. Also, read state Carolina moving company reviews. When you're ready to get a moving cost estimate, let Moving Authority help you out.
3 Types of Storage Options, Unpacked
- Storage warehouses. These facilities are generally large buildings owned by a moving company. They are outfitted with a temperature control and an alarm system. This ensures multiple layers of protection.
- Pod storage. Moving companies deliver these “pods” to customers at home. These a large, portable storage containers which stay with the customer until the pod is full. The customer has two options at this point. The first is to keep the pod at home or to have it picked up again by the moving company, and taken to a pod storage facility.
- Moving with Storage.Sometimes, people downsize when they move and need a place to stow their extra stuff. If you’re moving to a smaller place and need help with both the
moveitself and the storage, don’t stress. This is a common type of transition and your NC movers are well equipped to handle these two jobs at once.
THE ESSENTIALS OF COMMERCIAL MOVING: 4 Things You Need To Consider
- Inventory. This step is vital to not only knowing how large-scale your move is, but also keeping track of everything. Additionally, it helps your moving company draft up a plan for the duration of the move, and how many movers to send. And, of course, it helps you follow a timeline for your own peace of mind.
- Fragile items. No one wants broken stuff, so if you’re packing by yourself, treat your breakables with care. If you are having your movers pack and wrap for you, be sure to brief them on what items need extra care.
- Insurance. Reputable moving companies in North Carolina will offer an insurance on their services. Even though no movers in NC plan to mishandle a customer’s items, accidents do happen. Moving companies want to be prepared. When you select a moving company, ask about their insurance and how to make a claim, should the need arise.
- Downtime. Work with your movers to calculate exactly how long the move will take. This way, you can understand how long you will need to close your doors. Movers are
businesspeopletoo. They understand that the longer a move takes, the less time you can make money. Your movers NC will be more than happy to cut their downtime to make sure that you’re not missing out on profits.
Why You Should Hire Pro Movers, ACCORDING TO Science
- Movers understand the ins and outs of relocation. They do this stuff
all day, every day, and with each new job on the books, they are refining their skills.
- The relocation industry is no place for mediocrity. In this business, only the best make the cut with moving companies North Carolina.
- As much as we all wish they didn't, accidents happen from time to time. All your items are insured against mishaps when you choose to do business with movers.
- When you're coming from a new place, it's instrumental to have someone on your team who knows the area. Local moving companies in NC is the key to having an efficient move to a place that's unfamiliar to you.
4 Factors of a Rental Truck Price You Can’t Afford to Know
- The date required. The first rule of thumb when renting a truck is to know the timeframe for the rental. This is the first step in understanding how much you will be looking at paying for the truck.
- The truck size. Most moving companies NC offer a wide range of sizes for their moving trucks and trailers. This is information you’ll need to supply when you begin to gather quotes. The best way to prepare to answer this question is to gain an idea of how much stuff you’ll be moving. Then, figure out how much space that will take up in a moving truck.
- The location of pick-up and drop-off. Many moves will stay local, so these locations will be the same. But, for long-distance moves, it's a different situation. Customers will pick up their moving truck rental in one city and drop it off in another. This situation causes many people to seek out big-box moving chains. Dropping off in another location seems impossible with a small moving company. You’d be surprised that this isn’t always the case!
- The distance you’re traveling. This makes a huge difference in the price of the rental. Local moves cost less as far as mileage. The bulk of the cost of long-distance moves comes from the mileage charges.
North Carolina Movers
People who are moving in and out of the state are lucky to have the North Carolina Movers Association at their disposal. This group regulates the moving industry within the state, as well as ensures that customers of North Carolina moving companies are getting quality service. Similar to Moving Authority, the moving association focuses on the customer before anything else. A great sense of relief comes into our minds in knowing that our North Carolina movers are being taken care of.
Movers By City in North Carolina
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote