Virginia Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
341 Movers in Virginia
USE ANYONE ELSE!!! I am going to share the letter I sent to the vice president and sales manager of Southwest Virginia Moving and Storage. They broke things, they attempted to overcharge me by 35%, they equipment in disrepair, but worst of all, an entire box was missing (all I know is it contained all my towels - and I believe fragile articles which are gone...but they also STOLE MY LAPTOP. It wasn't expensive and was 3 years old - but they STOLE MY LAPTOP. As you will read - I basically gave them a pass if they just would come fix the piece of equipment they damaged. They chose not to respond - so you get the whole story here. "I just thought I would let you know, now that I am nearly fully unpacked how much I loathe the experience I had with your company. First, of course is that your company worked through the rainiest day in August - a set of conditions, particularly with my steps, you had to know would result in a longer workday than you anticipated. Rather than reschedule so that the charges would be in line with the estimate, your company chose to just work through the rain, and charge me 35% more than the job should have required. The workers broke an irreplaceable vase/sculpture, which I largely ignored. BUT ...after they left, it got much worse. I realized they dismantled my Powerplate to move it, but did not reassemble it. This is a multiple person job as it is very heavy, (IT DID NOT REQUIRE DISMANTLING)...only a dolly which is how it got into the house I was in. They LEFT IT DISMANTLED. This is a $9000 piece of equipment that I cannot use until it is reassembled - so when the delivery guys from Lowes came with my washer and dryer, they attempted to reassemble, but two of the three bolts that hold it together were immediately identified as damaged - cross threaded. Probably why your people left without reassembling. I waited until now to contact you because I wanted to have unpacked ALL my boxes. Why? Because my laptop is missing. Ne. stolen. Not an expensive laptop but it is gone. As is the box it was in with all my bath towels. I don't remember what else was in the box. The towels were old and of little value. The laptop was only about $350 new. But the problem is all is missing. It was less than a mile's drive between homes. Stuff doesn't fall off the truck. But it is the Powerplate situation that REALLY has me upset. There was NO REASON to dismantle it. But once dismantled, it ABSOLUTELY SHOULD HAVE BEEN RESTORED TO OPERATING CONDITION!!! I would have contacted you sooner, but I wanted to make sure my assertion that the laptop and box with towels and who knows what else were in fact GONE. Judging by the way the company handled the rain/billing situation, I don't expect satisfaction - but if you get your people to my house (NOT the ones who stole from me) to reassemble and make right the Powerplate, I won't share the meat of this email with every review site I can find. If you don't want to
Thanks good job...
I needed a moving company ASAP and they assisted me right away and got us booked on a short notice. They arrived between the window they gave me. I would definitely call them again. The service was amazing. Movers are professional and got job done quickly. Super efficient and quick!
FLYT Moving provided excellent service in packing many of my valuable collection items; loading, moving, and unloading the contents of my 4 bedroom home. The team arrived on time and performed all of the work on a timely manner. Their price was very competitive. They provided a binding quote unlike other experiences we had with movers, we actually received a reduction in final price because they finished sooner than estimated. I would strongly recommend and use them again if we ever move again.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!! 1ST MOVE, 3 PACKERS LEFT BEFORE STARTING FELT THAT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO MAKE ENOUGH MONEY. WORKERS GET PAID BY THE POUND. MOVE WAS SUPPOSED TO START AT 9:00 am . FINALLY 3 WORKERS SHOWED UP AT 12:30. 2 MORE WORKERS SHOWED UP AT 5:30. WE LEFT HOUSE AT 10:30 AT NIGHT. 2ND MOVE TO NEW HOUSE. I WAS TOLD BY MIKE AT HARRISON'S THAT THE MOVE WOULD START BETWEEN 9:00 AND 11:00 am. 3 WORKERS SHOWED UP TO ADDRESS, BUT THE WORKERS WERE TOLD THAT THE WEIGHT OF THE MOVE WAS 7000 LBS. WHICH IT REALLY IS 15000 LBS. THEY CALLED THE SUPERVISOR FOR THE DRIVER OF TRUCK WHICH TOLD THEM "THEY WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE AT THAT ADDRESS". IT TOOK THE WORKERS 2 HOURS TO DRIVE FOR THIS JOB. MY QUESTION IS HOW DID THE WORKERS GET THE ADDRESS IF THEY WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE? DRIVER TOLD MY WIFE THAT THE ANOTHER SET OF 4 WORKERS ARE ON THERE WAY WHICH IS AGAIN OVER 2 HOURS AWAY. IT IS NOW 2:00 pm AND STILL NO WORKERS, SO DRIVER GOT TIRE OF WAITING AND STARTED THE UNLOAD. WIFE IS GIVING HIM A HAND. NO WEEKEND EMERGENCY NUMBER FOR HARRISON'S OR MIKE THE SUPERVISOR FOR THE MOVE THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FIASCO . MIKE WON'T RETURN MY CALL OR ANSWER HIS PHONE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED BY A COMPANY IN MY LIFE LIKE THIS. IT IS TOO BAD I CAN'T GIVE A NEGATIVE STAR RATING. I HAD TO POST 1 STAR OR I COULD NOT SEND THIS POST. I THOUGHT I WAS USING A REPUTABLE COMPANY. AGAIN DO NOT USE THEM!!!!! GREG
Moved us from FL to VA Did a great job on time and reasonable Very nice crew
Great Service, Great Price, Great Quality! Bobby and his crew did incredible job. All movers were very professional, they moved us quickly, nothing was damaged and for the amazing service, the price was excellent. We will definitely recommend them and surely use them again.
5 STARS !! J Barber came to me highly recommended, and my own experience strongly supports this !! From my first contact with Kate, my customer liaison manager, planning and carrying out my move has been easy and pleasant. The moving crews at both pickup and delivery arrived on time, worked with energy and purpose, and took great care for the safekeeping of my goods and property. When my Closing and Delivery were delayed through no fault of mine, the Company was most reasonable in accommodating my need for reschedule. Team leaders Carrie and Woody, and individual Crew members, were all most cooperative and helpful throughout the process. J Barber Moving and Storage has my very highest recommendation !!
Their drivers seem to thi k it is funny to sit and joke around at the gas pump while other companies are waiting to fill uo. As the driver was laughing while pulling away. If they are that rude and unprofessional just filing up on gas i would hate yo see what they do woth their clients items.
Terrible! Do Not Use This Company. I paid for a mobile home to be moved and set up. Only half the job was done yet Bobby the owner refuses to give a refund of any kind.
Never polite, Been waiting for claim from company for my sister for 3 weeks. Jenny is here name if you don't help I will write another review at one star. get your act together over there.
Little Guys is a completely astounding moving company! They went well beyond, ensuring everything was precisely right, even to the point of repairing furniture that was not assemble accurately in any case! Not just did I get an extraordinary value, I got phenomenal, cordial, and expert administration. I would prescribe them to anybody.
Amazing job!!! Made our moving day easy and simple. Honest and polite movers.
These guys were great- very efficient, hard workers, careful with our stuff, wrapped up all the furniture. They went way above expectations. I would highly recommend.
How To Find the Best Virginia Moving Companies
Before you get a free moving quote for the best Virginia moving companies, it pays to do some research. Read interstate Virginia moving reviews before getting a Virginia movers cost estimate. Moving Authority has what you need to select a
A moving cost estimate for local movers in Virginia is a cinch to obtain. If you want
4 Terrible Reasons Your Moving Quote is So Low
- If you're quoted less than $70 per hour by movers Virginia, there's a good chance that this company doesn't insure its workers with Workman's Compensation Insurance. If that's the case and someone
ininjured on your property, YOU are the responsible party.
- If the company doesn't have the proper auto insurance and federal licensing, they could be offering heavily discounted rates in order to lure customers that ordinarily wouldn't do business with them.
- Professional VA moving companies invest lots of money in their crews. Illegitimate companies tend to hire day laborers with no skills or passion for the moving industry.
- Con artists are unfortunately lurking out there, and always looking to scam unsuspecting customers. If your price seems too good to be true, it probably is.
The 5 Best-Kept Secrets of Virginia
- Centrally located. Did you know that half of the United States can be reached from Virginia by car in just one day? Now you do!
- Variety. From beaches to mountains, you’ll never look for a way to enjoy Mother Nature.
- Shaping Up. Virginia is a place where many marathons, triathlons, mud races and other
sportcompetitions are held annually.
- Seasons Change. All four seasons are beautifully
presenthere, and you get to experience them every few months.
- Southern Hospitality. Despite being in the center of the United States, Virginians are no strangers when it comes to manners.
The Ultimate City for Work-Life Balance: Alexandria, Virginia
- Less than ten miles from DC—perfect for those who work in the
capitoland want to leave work at work.
- One of the USA’s most literate areas—helping to foster brainpower on and off the clock.
Quietlife packed into a flourishing town—whether you crave a tranquil day to relax or a fun event to attend, Alexandria has it all.
- Inexpensive and safe—this city is a fantastic place to raise a family, as the rates for crime and cost of living are low.
4 Aspects of Furniture Movers in VA That Will Save You Time and Money
- How much large furniture needs to be moved? This is the first step in determining a price point for furniture movers.
- Will you need storage? It’s common during a move that some of the items in the origin will need to be placed in a storage facility rather than into the new place.
- What do you do with
extrastuff? If you have too much furniture and don’t want to put it in storage, consider selling it with a yard sale, online through a service like Craigslist or eBay, or even with friends and family.
- If all else fails, donate. Many churches can use your old, unwanted furniture, and so can charities. Check out the philanthropy route by asking local churches and charities about what they need, or even giving to a national charity like The American Red Cross or Goodwill.
Movers By City in Virginia
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote