Pennsylvania Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
408 Movers in Pennsylvania
My experience was horrific and costly leaving me with damages I did not have, furniture and clothes left behind after we moved. NO furniture set up. He was supposed to send 3 men he sent 2 and a 4 -5 hrs move took 11 hours. I have over $1000 of damages and when I spoke with Dan he was yelling and screaming saying his guys did a great job and proceeded to curse me out and hang up. No response after pictures were sent.
CALL THE FBI They will steel your things and hold them hostage. They will charge you twice what they quote. They will claim to have used twice the space on their truck than what they really use. These people are scam artists. The only way to get your things back is to call the FBI. That was the only thing that worked for us. BEWARE!!!
Terrible and rude! Van refused to return any phone calls after Robert, the other owner, changed the price of the delivery while he was driving to pick up the refrigerator. Five days earlier, I emailed them the item to be picked up, a "42" stainless steel refrigerator", (they move non-piano items) and Robert told me he had never heard of a refrigerator that big. It's not an uncommon size. Before quoting me a price five days earlier, no one at Lewis Piano Movers bothered to actually find out how heavy or tall a 42" refrigerator is. Amazing. Nor did anyone ever ask me to provide the weight or height of the fridge. Nor did anyone bother to call the appliance store where it was to be picked up and ask them how much it weighed, etc. Yet they blamed ME for not volunteering the specs....I did not know the specs but would have been happy to find out and provide it to them, had they asked. No one ever asked. But they did whine and complain and bellyache about how heavy it was during the move. Um.....these guys are PIANO movers. Pianos are extremely heavy, especially the baby grands, so a refrigerator should be par for the course. I would never recommend them to move anything. They called me a "crook" for wanting to pay the agreed-upon price that they emailed me before the job started, and then Van Lewis texted me the incredibly offensive phrase, "smd" (suck my d*ck) when I texted them to produce their DC license number. I was shocked. I have never heard of any company owner, or even the staff, speaking to a customer that way. I asked them to apologize, but they responded by saying I should "apologize for being a crook". Again, my "crime" is I wanted them to honor their original price. They tried to say "smd" was a "typo". I don't think so. After I repeatedly asked for their license number, they continued to get more and more hostile, defensive, and incredibly rude. Stay far far away from Lewis Piano Movers, or Van Lewis Movers, as they sometimes call themselves. They are rude adolescents who take zero responsibility...they will blame YOU for their mistakes and their horrendous lack of communication.
At our Pittsburgh location we are working to reduce our carbon footprint by collecting and recycling items from our commercial and residential cleanouts. Just our way in making the planet greener by reducing needless dumping in landfills.
I used Stumpf Moving to relocate several times since finishing college at Pitt in 2015. I've lived in several different neighborhoods throughout the city since then as I tried to find a neighborhood I felt "at home" in, and subsequently used Stumpf Moving for each of the moves. After having such a pleasant experience the first time I used their services I decided to use them each time I moved since then. The men who came to move me were always very courteous and attentive. The cost of services was also what I believed to be more than reasonable for the work they did, and the attentiveness and professionalism was impressive. They seemed to take care of my belongings as if they were their own (if not better.) I have and will continue to recommend Stumpf Moving to my friends and family in the future.
Super service. Proficient, expeditious, polite, hard working throughout the day making our move go as easily as could be. They were flexible and helped us move a couple additional things to a different area - not part of the first arrangement, but generously accommodated us. Can't praise them enough.
Great business to work with.
Fraudulent MOVERS! Phone number not answered. Address is a residence and not a business. If I could give it 0 stars, I would. Ripping off my disable elderly people is deplorable. Report filed with police. Don't call, don't pay, and most of all DON'T hire!!!!
I reached United about moving my stuff crosscountry, and they associated me to Zody's. The main contact I have had with them so far is setting up my stroll through for an appraisal, and I am as of now cleared out. Both of the people I have identified with are completely expert and minding. I have never managed such sweet individuals amid a move. I am genuinely keeping my fingers crossed that the cost is correct so I can keep on working with these awesome individuals!
Had my family unit merchandise move around a month back and had this moving company carry out the employment. They made an awesome showing moving my stuff in an opportune house, without harming anything, yet when it came to disassembling things and puting them back together, that is an alternate story. I move a great deal since I am in the military and I comprehend that things break and get harmed while moving, that is only the way of the brute yet these folks don't know how to dismantle things and set up them back together without harming them. My recommendation is to dismantle your stuff yourself and set up it back together yourself so that they just need to stress over moving it.
Disorganized, total disregard to our goods, very little care taken, stuff not labeled properly for inventory, we were unable to check the inventory as it came off the truck for delivery. Missing goods with no apparent effort made to locate the missing goods. Worst moving experience we have had out of more than 15 moves, including a coast-to-coast. Stay away from this company. If you have a corporate relo, simply refuse to use them and insist on another company. HORRENDOUS across the board.
They gave us an estimate indicating they would move all of our possessions. Folks arrived and loaded about half of our possessions (truck was full then), drove it to our new home (10 miles), unloaded stuff haphazardly, and disappeared. Have called, emailed, etc - no response and my power wheelchair is still at our old house!
I was exceptionally content with Mark Hamilton Moving Company. They appeared acceptable on time as guaranteed with an exceptionally knowledgeable and gracious team and moved my piano with amazing consideration. I would exceedingly prescribe their services.
I have high praise for this moving company because I needed some things moved within my house. I had my hardwood floors refinished and needed the furniture and rugs moved back into the rooms. Many companies did not want to take on such a small job. Actually one of them referred me to Gardner Moving. When I called them, Mike G. said it would not be problem and sent two guys that did a meticulous job and for a reasonable rate. They were extremely careful with my refinished floors and very careful with my furniture and grandfather clock. They also did not mind working around my schedule. I was very pleased and would definitely use them again.
I just want to start of saying this is the worst moving company I have ever used. They are unprofessional, moving men arrived at our door very late, three men dressed in skimpy shirts and shorts, all smoking. Very unprofessional to start with. Two of my couches were damaged and bed frame was broken also. I will not recommend this company to anybody.
Picking The Right Pennsylvania Movers
Interstate Pennsylvania moving reviews are imperative to finding the best Pennsylvania moving companies. If you need to find a state to state moving company from a list of Pennsylvania interstate movers, we can help. Moving Authority gives consumers access to the best Pennsylvania priced movers. We offer local moving company reviews, moving tips, and more. Find a cross country movers PA today and get a free moving quote. With our help, you can get a Pennsylvania movers cost estimate. Use this to seek out the best Pennsylvania movers and discount relocation rates. With Moving Authority at your disposal, moving within Pennsylvania is a piece of cake.
Finding the best car transport in Pennsylvania can be tricky, but we're here to help. Pennsylvania moving company reviews and free moving estimates are available to you. We get it: you want more than local movers or self-service movers to just move your furniture. You want an American moving company that you can rely on. Get a moving cost estimate for Pennsylvania long distance movers from Moving Authority and see how spectacular your move can be.
The Art of Relocation: HOW TO GET THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY
- Read reviews. Check out what other clients have said in the past about the moving company Pennsylvania you want to hire.
- Call them. Did the person answer the phone pleasantly? Ask about their services on offer. Is the rep competent and happy to assist?
- Visit the office. Is everything clean, organized, and professional? Ask detailed questions about charges, how to prepare for moving day, and what you should be doing on your end.
- Schedule an in-person quote. Not only is this the most effective form of getting an estimate, but you’ll get a chance to watch the estimator on the job.
- Ensure that all fees are explained in detail and that your estimate is a binding quote, which means you're protected from surprise fees.
Don’t Make One of These Beginner's Mistakes When Moving
- Not Verifying the Company. The FMCSA and the USDOT must fully license and insure the company you want to hire. If not, this company is operating illegally and shouldn't be considered for your business.
- Not Checking the Tariff. If a company's tariff isn't valid, or if they just don't have one, they will fail USDOT inspections. This makes them an illegitimate company and puts your household goods at risk.
- Getting the Cheapest Plan. Moving costs a lot, but it's better to invest in a good company than finding your stuff in a million pieces at your destination.
4 Can’t-Miss Things When You Move To Pennsylvania
- Carnegie Institutes of Pittsburgh: four museums that encompass a range of interests including the Andy Warhol Museum, Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, and Carnegie Science Center.
- Mount Washington: hike, walk, bike, and take in the sweeping views of one of the top cities in Pennsylvania
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens: Breathe easily, and take a stroll through the lush greenery.
- Mattress Factory: though it seems like a place to take a nap, this is actually an eclectic museum full of full-room exhibitions and creative installations.
Paying the Price: Why You Need a Binding Price Moving Quote
- Moving quotes can be fickle: the less comprehensive a quote is, the more it can vary when it actually comes time to move.
- When you obtain a phone online or over the phone, you’re really only getting a ballpark estimate.
- Moving costs are calculated by the total weight of the items moved, as well as the labor costs and drive time it takes to complete the move.
- What you can do to protect yourself from rising costs is to get what’s called a binding price quote. This is exactly what it sounds like: a quote which binds the customer and the moving company to a certain price.
- The only time a price will differ from the binding price quote is if the customer actually has a less total weight of items to be moved, in which case, the price will be lower.
- What about if additional services are requested or even required after the binding quote is issued? In these cases, moving companies Pennsylvania will generally add an addendum to the binding quote with an estimate for additional services.
Movers By City in Pennsylvania
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote