Connecticut Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
87 Movers in Connecticut
These guys are honestly the best movers I had! Everything went smooth, good, fast, and very affordable! I'm going to recommend your services to all my family and friends!
Damaged newly painted stairway during the move and company refused to pay for the repair. I am bring a small claims suit against Astro Movers to get the money back .
The Derosier team moved me out of my apartment in Stratford, CT and into my home in upstate New York, in the course of two days. I was extremely happy with the quality of the packing and moving team and the unload team in NY. Price was very competitive - I would highly recommend Derosier Moving for your move needs. You will not be disappointed!
Siracusa Moving did a tremendous job moving myself, my son and my in-laws up from Annapolis! Steve and his crew in Connecticut went above and beyond in moving 2 households including a pool table and treadmills. Joe and his crew from Maryland did an outstanding job getting furniture up and down 3 flights and then transporting to Connecticut! I can not thank you all enough!!!!!
Very difficult to work with and very rude employees. Would never use again.
Up until delivery of our goods, Daley did an excellent job. One of our boxes was missing in the delivery. After notifying them , and following up with the office a few times , even emailed owner and got no response. We have moved professionally 8 other times, with a lot more stuff and never had anything lost. Very disappointed in their customer service.
5 star service
We had a little move to do, swap the things in two rooms, one upstairs and one ground floor. The movers, Jose and Andre, appeared acceptable on timetable, and got directly down to business. The rooms are distinctive sizes so they even moved things around decently well to make it appear to be comparable. They were both cordial and productive, and truly went well beyond what I expected of them. I would utilize them again instant. Request Jose and Andre, the A group, and you'll be extremely glad you did.
I can say unhesitatingly that everything is represented, and nothing was broken. All that they stuffed was painstakingly done. I even had some exceptionally odd, one-off times (such as a length of 2x4) that were labeled and conveyed.
Phenomenal administration. My family and I were inspired with the West Harford movers. My guardians needed to move sooner than they had arranged, so I needed to discover movers for them ultimately. Thankfully, Peter could help me with one and only day notice. Subside was useful and comprehension, and he was understanding when I needed to direct business with him via telephone amid work. I put in a store with my charge card, and my father paid the rest with money. My guardians and my sister were exceptionally inspired. Furniture was stacked without getting harmed. I am exceptionally appreciative for their speedy administration and they were the main organization why should capable help at such a spur of the moment announcement. I will procure Peter and his folks once more.
We utilized JB moving over the thanksgiving weekend. It was the most easy move I have ever done. They were fast and worked proficiently. Cost were extremely aggressive. They didn't nicke and dime me for each bit of plastic wrap and so on... The cost was extremely aggressive.
Profoundly prescribe Jim Fahey Moving And Storage LLC. They moved our whole house through and through separating down and setting back each bed in our five room house in six hours. Incredible work!
Augliera Movers has moved my family multiple times in 30 years and the service has always been great. The team is professional, always able to answer any concerns i have, and I continue to recommend them.
They did not show up for my move and did not respond to calls. Stay away from this business. How can you do that to people?
Are you looking for the best car transport in Connecticut? Make sure the dependable American moving company you choose can move your furniture as well as your vehicle. With many Connecticut long distance movers out there, it's important to get a credible moving cost estimate. Read Connecticut moving company reviews to find a moving company to help you out. If you're moving within Connecticut, be sure to read local moving company reviews. It's simpler than ever to find the best Connecticut movers for you. Get a free moving quote and Connecticut movers cost estimate today. Also, get free moving estimates from local movers and self-service movers. This way, you'll be better informed and have more information about the cost of a relocation.
Putting the PRO in Protection: HOW TO CHOOSE A REPUTABLE MOVING COMPANY
- Though the moving industry is mostly made up of hardworking and trustworthy professionals, there are an unfortunate number of rogue movers looking to rip off unsuspecting customers.
- Moving Authority does its part to shield customers from the scammers by featuring only the highest-rated movers Connecticut and those companies licensed and insured by the FMCSA.
- When shopping for moving companies in Connecticut on Moving Authority, look out for the 3-year and 6-year badges on company profiles, which signify either 3 or 6 years of reputable business with successful moves and satisfied customers.
- If you’re dealing with moving companies Connecticut who do not answer the phone professionally, or presents contracts and other documents without an official company letterhead, these are signifiers that you might be dealing with a rogue moving company.
- If you’ve encountered what you believe are rogue movers in Connecticut, contact Moving Authority for advice on how to proceed. You don’t want to trust all your worldly possessions to crooks who might steal everything you own.
Surprise Fees That Can Inflate Your MOVING COSTS
- Stairs, elevators, and long-carry fees. If your movers have to walk over 75 feet or use stairs/elevators, you’re looking at paying extra.
- Moving supplies. Your moving companies in CT are more than happy to provide packing/moving supplies for you, but this convenience can come at an inflated price. (Pro tip: avoid this extra cost and get yourself some free moving boxes!)
- Packing services. You can have your movers pack for you, but you’ll see extra in your contract for this optional service.
Waitingfees. If your moving company CT is at the destination before you and is forced to wait around, whether it’s a local move or a long-distance one, they will assess an extra charge.
5 Off-The-Beaten-Path Things You’ve Gotta Do in CT
- P.T. Barnum Museum, Bridgeport
- Walker Library of the History of Human Imagination, Stamford
- Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities, Hartford
- Reinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, New Haven
- Holy Land U.S.A., Waterbury
The Easiest Way to Get a Grandfather Clock From Point A to Point B
- Grandfather clocks are gorgeous pieces of
artisticfurniture that can instantly add character to any home, but prove to be a burden while moving.
- Before moving the clock, be sure to have all the proper packing materials. These are things like bubble wrap, protective cardboard, and foam pads to protect the pieces, as well as sturdy boxes that can withstand the pressure of the contents inside.
- Weigh the clock before taking it apart. Knowing how much your clock weighs is instrumental in being able to transport it safely without guesswork.
- First, remove all glass panels and ensure that they’re wrapped carefully and securely. Be sure also to mark the outside of the box holding them, “FRAGILE.”
- Next, remove all weights as well as the pendulum with extreme care. Be sure to label the weights with a sticky note or another type of removable paper so that you won’t be confused when it’s time to reassemble.
- Pack the weights and the pendulum with care, just as you did with the glass panels, and also label their boxes with a “FRAGILE” label.
- Be sure to secure the cables and chains so that they aren’t damaged during transport.
- A custom-built crate with padding is the safest method of moving the body of the grandfather clock. After you’ve
cratedthe wooden body, put the entire crate on a dolly to evenly distribute the weight and move it with ease.
- If you are unsure at any point in time, check with moving companies CT for advice.
Movers By City in Connecticut
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote