Georgia Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
418 Movers in Georgia
this move was by far the worst experience I have ever had...it took the 3 movers 4 hours to just load furniture for a 1 bedroom apt, there were no more than 6 boxes and 4-5 rolling suitcases.....there was a long hall and elevator, however when she moved in -it took way less time than what these guys did...the total move was 6 hours....we had to drop off some items and goodwill and also pick up and drop off a few items at another location and then to my moms new assisted living apt...I have move her 4 times in the last 5 years and they all entailed an elevator and a long hall... my daughter just moved a few months ago from a 3 level home to another 3 level home with 4 bedrooms full of of furniture..-took way less time...than the 4 hours. do not use this company!!
I've used onyxxmovers several time I've dealt with George personally one of the nicest movers you would ever meet the prices are reasonable the drivers are movers a professional never had an issue with them then I just moved last week Jasonvcame out there himself their were refrenced thru Angies list
By far the WORST moving experience in my life. This company is unethical at best. They WILL lie about your quote, disrespect you, break your items, damage your house and not pay for the repairs. I was quoted $4 thousand dollars for my move and ended up paying them almost double because they wouldn't leave my property unless I did. I should have called the cops. Their negligence broke my mom's wrist, they damaged several pieces of furniture including a wrought iron fireplace (how is that possible if not intentional???). Unless you want to over pay someone to treat you, your belongings and property like garbage, do NOT hire this company. I pray they go out of business so they experience a little bit of the hell they purposely inflict on their customers.
I moved September 2019, I highly recommend A Better Way Movers. Chevy, Eddie K., Zach T. and Glenn A. did a fabulous job. Very pleased with everything and would definitely use them again. Very polite, very efficient, everything was moved with no damage and done in record time.
Distinguished Transportation is a great moving company I highly recommend them to anyone. They are prompt motivated an always dependable
Great job by al the folks involved in our move. Chris Corey and Larry did a great job with the move. Sarai was extremely helpful with all the set up.
Total rip-off. They quoted a price ,then held my stuff hostage until I WIRED $15,000. Then they only gave me half my stuff. I had two garages filled with totes and boxes. What they delivered did not even fill my one garage .But every time I call they say you have all your stuff and hang up. Had to give 1 star in order to submit. I would give them Minus 10.
Very poor experience. Did not do their basic job of checking furniture for damage before delivering to us. Our expensive console has been sitting in our dining room and for over 2 months now and can't be used. They refuse to accept their mistake and have not even offered any other option to remedy the situation. Use caution when using their services.
This "company" is CRAP!! If I could swear about them on here I would!! My children hired this "company" to move them and the move took place over 2 weeks ago! Their household goods were picked up on a Friday evening and promised the goods would be delivered the following Monday, Tuesday at the latest. They still haven't gotten their items and this so called "company" can't give them answers. A police report has been filed and am hoping that it gets results! DO NOT, I REPEAT: DO NOT use this joke of a moving company!! You will not get your items and will only get the run-around when trying to get answers on it!! I truly don't think they even deserve 1 star...Only giving them that as the workers who picked up their items were polite.
FIND ANYONE ELSE!! So I thought I was having a great experience, quickly found out that was not the case. Movers showed up on time and were nice. I helped them move some items. I explained that the water had been shut off prematurely for our move and not to use the restrooms... Everything was moved safely and promptly. I had left about 20 mins before they did to receive the new fridge at my new house, and they said they would would meet me at the new house and they did. That next week I go to use my pressure washer and its no where to be found.... Nozzle, hoses and even the bucket it was in were all gone. I went back to the old house to check and was not pleased. Come to find out that every toilet had been used for a number 2 even after I told them not to use them, the beer had been drank out of my fridge and no pressure washer to be found. I had been nice and tipped each guy 40 dollars and bought them pizza and they threw the crust in the yard/ boxes, and they still stole from me. So I naturally called the Peachtree movers about the missing item and the manager is never available, I have left messages and no calls returned. I used this mover because Keller Williams had them as a preferred mover. They reached out to them as well and we have gotten no where. At the end of the day the pressure washer was 100 bucks but its not worth the headache and hassle to deal with these movers. I am working with Keller Williams to change their mind on using them as a preferred mover. My advise is find anyone else...
I hired All my sons to move me less than a quarter mile from my parents basement and I heard about the famous Roy Crew and decided to use that particular crew. What was supposed to be an amazing service turned into a nightmare. It took Roy and his team nine hours to move literally A ROOM. And in the process they nearly sliced my mattress in half. And one of the guys there, Terrence, was a loudmouth and very disrespectful to me and acted very snobbish when I asked why he overcharged me on my bill. My bill was supposed to be no more than $850. I got charged nearly three times that. And Roy failed to cover key items and some valuable items. Long story short, anyone trying to do business with AMSM should really STAY FAR AWAY
PLEASE READ THIS FEEDBACK THOUROUGHLY AND STAY AWAY FROM EZ MOVING VAN LINES AND DAVID & GOLIATH MOVING!!! THEY are both Scam artists and will lie and misrepresent what they tell you to get your business and then scam you out of more money later. If you are reading ANY 5 star review on either of these companies, it's because it is FAKE and most likely written by one of their company employees. I even recognized one of the names from one review as it was from their customer service person I spoke to numerous times that NEVER helped me. If you decide to use EZ movers, they are a broker that will give you a low ball estimate, get a deposit, and make all these promises you are looking for in a move. Guess what.....they are liars. Once they get your first deposit you are totally out of luck as they will go back over your list of items and all of sudden change your estimate, asking for MORE money. In my case, I went down by 5 items yet because the nature of the items changed, they took my original estimate of 2000 LBS, which they try and sell you on you pay by weight only, and now overinflated my weight by another 622 pounds....increasing my new estimate by $700. Now they want more deposit which even though I had certified weight tickets that shows I was still under the original estimate of 2000 lbs, they come back and tell you there is fine print in contract where you only get like 10% back so I got back $62 from the extra $700 I had to pay even though I stayed under my first estimate weight and the guy who did my second estimate repeatedly told me when I asked, if I stay under the weight will my first estimate be legit and he completely lies and tells me yes. Then the fun begins where you find out they actually hire another company named DAVID & GOLIATH out of Norcross, GA that is the most unprofessional and shady company I have ever worked with besides EZ MOVERS. They mistreat ALL of your stuff as they will throw it around, mishandle it, break it, and just don't care. Then they will LIE to you repeatedly when they will deliver...which in my case they lied three times in two weeks and finally got the phone number to the driver who told me they lied and that he wouldn't be able to deliver like almost week later when I was told it would already be there. You will deal with the most unprofessional and non responsive office workers where they give you no information and will continue to string you along with lies to continue to buy time. If I had more room here I could on and on because this was the most awful experience I have ever experienced in my life hands down. They have you life belongings hostage and basically extort more money from you to deliver it with all of these extra fees they don't tell you about and will refuse to take it off the truck unless you don't pay. I just cannot believe either of these companies can continue to do business and treat people this way. PLEASE stay away and save yourself the biggest mistake of your life!!
Great service, hard working crew!! Kendrick & crew overcame obstacles with ease, got the job done right! Krista handled all the office details flawlessly! I recommend these guys without reservation!
They came on time, got the job done done and departed. Simple and easy to work with. Will use again for sure.
Precious Cargo Movers started our move on December 1st we rented the Trucks from U-haul they provided the man power. 4 guys should up around 10:00 am two with experience two just started. We had a great deal of heavy furniture they spent hours wrapping everything. 8.5 hours later the trucks were loaded. They came back on December 3rd to unload they showed up at 1:00 PM In the afternoon and now it's the owner and two new guys one from before. We only used them 4 hours we had already unloaded a truck an a half before they got here. I'm sure it is very hard to get good help in this business but I don't know if I would recommend them we ended up with a broken refigerator and they broke the glass top to our Dining room table we had a few walls damaged slightly in the new house. The owner Jackson was very helpful with our schedule but it was obvious he was having help issues. I know this is a very difficult industry and I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt. I guess overall we were lucky.Im glad it's over!
The art of spotting the top moving companies Georgia isn't always easy to master. It takes a lot of know-how about the moving industry to know how moving companies GA operate. This can be problematic if you've only moved a few times in your lifetime. Yet, here at Moving Authority, we'll bridge the gap between you and quality movers Georgia.
Looking for some awesome Atlanta Movers? Education is the key to the best Georgia moving companies. This is also true for discount relocation rates. It's complicated to make a move. Local distance moving company reviews and
Think You Have a ROGUE MOVER? Ask Yourself These Questions.
- Are they licensed and insured? Check with the FMCSA and the USDOT, as well as the ratings right here at Moving Authority.
- Have your movers in Georgia explained the charges in detail before you sign the contract?
- Have previous customers rated this company well?
- Do the movers in GA seem knowledgeable about the nuances of the moving industry?
- Does the moving company Georgia have a tariff available for you to see?
- Are the movers in uniform, energetic, and clean-cut? Lack of professionalism is a sign that you could have a rogue mover on your hands and not a quote mover.
Confused About Moving Companies in GA? Check Out These 4 Types.
- Local Moving.This is done by a team of movers with a moving truck and generally takes about 3 hours.
- Two Men and a Truck. This is a type of local moving that is ideal for smaller jobs with less to move. It is as simple as it sounds: just two guys and a moving truck.
- Long Distance Moving. When moving a few hours away, you need long-distance movers to get you from Point A to Point B.
- International Moving. Let's say you are moving into or out of the United States. You will need a specialized team of movers who can make your transition smooth.
4 Things You Wouldn’t Believe Can IMPACT YOUR MOVING PRICE
- Time of the year. Most moves movers will do happen between the months of May and August. When you are planning your relocation, do your best to be flexible. This way, you can take advantage of off-season discounts.
- Day of the week. If you want a deeply discounted rate, book moving services for a time during the workweek. Moves usually happen on the weekends. Because of this, moving companies are more likely to offer a nice price for the unpopular days of the week to move.
- Stairs or elevators. If your movers GA have to use stairs or elevators at any point during the move, you'll see an extra fee on your contract.
- Walking more than 75 feet. If the distance from the moving space to the moving truck is over 75 feet, moving company charges a “long carry fee.” Do what you can to avoid this preventable charge!
Your Next Move: What Steps to Take Before the Big Day
- Handle the administrative tasks. Don't forget about transferring utilities, changing your address, and updating your bank accounts. Make sure that you arrange to forward your mail to the new address sooner rather than later. You can do this step online via the United States Postal Service or at any post office.
- Provide the materials. You’ll need boxes and a lot of them. You can pay for top-quality materials, and you can also find many free moving boxes that will get the job done. Along with boxes, you will need strong packing tape, as well as quality filler materials. Moving companies in Georgia will sometimes supply these, but for a fee.
- Safety first. Be sure to check that all locks work and that windows close in your new place. Also, make sure that the locks have been changed since the previous person lived there. Change the locks yourself if you feel that your new place isn’t secure. The last thing you want when you’re settling in is for someone to have access to your personal space.
- Clean it up. Ensure that your old place is spic and span before you return the keys to your landlord. Post-move
cleanupcan feel daunting, especially when you have undertaken a huge move. But, this is crucial to getting you security deposit back and is the right thing to do. Cleaning services might be offered from full-service GA moving companies. It doesn't hurt to ask about this!
- The driver’s side. This means that you should ensure that your vehicle can make the trip (if it’s a long distance move). Also, you should do what’s necessary to update your information at your new DMV.
- Do the paperwork. Ensure that you've completed all paperwork so that you are authorized to move into your new place.
- Pencil it in. Create a schedule for the week leading up to moving day. This will give you a realistic look at how to handle moving tasks, and how much help you may need.
Movers By City in Georgia
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote