Other Massachusetts moving companies online
- Boston, MA (29)
- Worcester, MA (17)
- Springfield, MA (15)
- Lowell, MA (52)
- Cambridge, MA (59)
- New Bedford, MA (17)
- Brockton, MA (17)
- Quincy, MA (21)
- Lynn, MA (22)
- Fall River, MA (16)
- Lawrence, MA (23)
- Somerville, MA (59)
- Framingham, MA (51)
- Haverhill, MA (21)
- Waltham, MA (51)
- East Taunton, MA (16)
- Dighton, MA (16)
- Groveland, MA (21)
Reasons Your Movers Put You In Storage
- If you suddenly find your stuff in a storage unit rather than delivered to you, there are a few reasons why this might happen.
- Perhaps you weren’t there to meet your movers at the time of delivery.
- Also, if the destination is unfinished or otherwise unreachable, your movers will make the decision to place your items in storage.
- Finally, if you are unable to pay your bill at the time of delivery, your moving company will hold your things in storage until you’ll all paid up.
- First, you need to file a claim with your moving company.
- Next, you should hear from someone in the company’s claims department.
- If you haven’t heard back from the claims department within a reasonable time frame, you can call them directly.
- Additionally, if no one gets back to you within two weeks of filing the claim, you can leave a review about the company’s negligence on Moving Authority, Yelp, Facebook, or even the company’s website. This will get their attention and hopefully they will reach out to resolve the issue.
- For local moves, the claim and subsequent reimbursement should only take around 30 days from start to finish. For long distance moves, this can take up to 3 months.
The public idea of the trucking industry in the United States popular culture has gone through many transformations.However, images of the masculine side of trucking are a common theme throughout time.The 1940's first made truckers popular, with their songs and movies about truck drivers. Then in the 1950's theywere depictedas heroes of the road, living a life of freedom on the open road.Trucking culture peaked in the 1970's as theywere glorifiedas modern days cowboys, outlaws, and rebels. Since then the portrayal has come with a more negative connotation as we see in the 1990's.Unfortunately, the depiction of truck drivers went from such a positive depiction to that of troubled serial killers.
A semi-trailer is almost exactly what it sounds like, it is a trailer without a front axle.Proportionally, its weightis supported bytwo factors. The weight falls upon a road tractor or by a detachable front axle assembly, known as a dolly. Generally, a semi-traileris equippedwith legs, known in the industry as "landing gear". This means it canbe loweredto support it when itis uncoupled. In the United States, a trailer may not exceed a length of 57 ft (17.37 m) on interstate highways.However, it is possible to link two smaller trailers together to reach a length of 63 ft (19.20 m).
As we know in the trucking industry, some trailers are part of large trucks, which we call semi-trailer trucks for transportation of cargo.Trailers may alsobe usedin a personal manner as well, whether for personal or small business purposes.
The 1950's were quite different than the years to come.They were more likely tobe considered"Knights of the Road", if you will, for helping stranded travelers.In these times truck driverswere enviedandwere viewedas an opposition to the book "The Organization Man".Bestseller in 1956, author William H. Whyte's novel describes "the man in the gray flannel suit", who sat in an office every day.He's describing a typical office style job that is very structured with managers watching over everyone. Truck drivers represented the opposite of all these concepts. Popular trucking songs glorified the life of drivers as independent "wanderers".Yet, there were attempts to bring back the factory style efficiency, such as using tachnographs. Although most attempts resulted in little success. Driversroutinelysabotaged and discovered new ways to falsify the machine's records.
In 1984 the animated TV series The Transformers told the story of a group of extraterrestrial humanoid robots.However, itjustso happens that they disguise themselves as automobiles. Their leader of the Autobots clan, Optimus Prime,is depictedas an awesome semi-truck.