Membership(s) & License
US DOT #1119346
44553 South Airport Road
<a href="/best-movers/Louisiana/Hammond/coleman-american-moving-services-reviews-1/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:38 a.m.
From the earliest starting point, they were extraordinary to work with. They called when they said they would, arrived when they said they would, pressed up our stuff such as they said they would and sent it like they said they would.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:39 a.m.
This company sucks Tanner makes everything sound good but it actually isn't the Hammond location needs to be closed
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:39 a.m.
They made a great showing. Great costs , awesome administration, and no harms. I would prescribe them to anybody hoping to move in the New Orleans range. They landed on time and buckled down for the duration of the day.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
If I could put negative stars, that would apply. This company does a great job selling their services and leading you to believe they are capable and actually care. If is unfortunate they are affiliated with Allied. John Combs is their sales rep and Tanner Johnson is their GM. Neither one will take our calls. They were hired for a household move from Denham Springs, LA to Madison, AL. The loading part of the move was unacceptable; brought a large fabric sectional unprotected out in the pouring rain, dropped a cushion in the water, stated they would have the sectional professionally cleaned and boxed before putting it, along with all goods in a sealed container unit for over the road transport. Goods arrived over a week late, no ramp, no dolly, brand new appliances gravely damaged, furniture damaged, not boxed or wrapped, items which we carefully wrapped were completely unwrapped and damaged, boxes abused, busted and cut on the sides, missing 15-20 boxes, Coleman has no "after hours" contact although messages and text messages were sent on Saturday. Made several phone calls to Coleman Monday morning and Mr. Johnson will not take our calls. Mr. Combs will not respond either. They make their office staff tell us to call Allied's 800#. The blatant disregard for these issues and for the absent regard for property is inexcusable. This is still playing out. Be warned, do not subject yourself to the abuse of this company.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.