- What's So Special About Full-Service Moving Companies?
- Always Start With an Estimate of Your Costs
- Many Offer Protection Plans Right From the Start
- Always Ask About Extra Services, Who Know What They Can Do!
- They'll Even Unpack for You So You Can Get A Head Start
1. What's So Special About Full-Service Moving Companies?
If you’re getting ready to move but have never used a full service moving company before, there are a lot of things to expect and a lot of things that are just a myth. For those who have never used a Full-Service moving company before, you're in for a real treat. These types of moving companies can be somewhat costly, but make your move go smoothly and much more successfully. Below are some of the things to expect from a full service moving company.
2. Always Start with an Estimate of Your Costs
The first thing to expect from a full service moving company is an estimate of what it costs to move you, your family and all of your belongings to your new home. This estimate is created using several things:
- A moving checklist, detailing what kind and quantity of furniture you have (giving the movers information about the furniture gives them a clearer picture of how long the move will take and how many
- The date you’d like your items packed up and shipped by, the date you’d like your items to arrive by and any other miscellaneous information you can provide the moving company (if you have antiques, automobile collections, etc). This estimate is a great place to start when researching moving companies.
3. Many Offer Protection Plans Right From the Start
Something else to expect from most full service moving companies is moving protection plans. Many companies include their moving protection plans up-front with your estimate, but if they don’t, be sure to ask and see which moving protection plan is right for you. This helps if you’re moving fragile or antique items or you’re moving expensive items, such as classic cars or priceless paintings.
What To Expect From A Moving Company (VIDEO)
4. Always Ask About Extra Services, Who Know What They Can Do!
Some full service moving companies offer a post-move house cleaning services and other amenities, such as pre-moving into your new house cleaning services or even a real estate referral system that helps you get money back on the sale of your old home or the purchase of your new home. When speaking to the customer representative that offers you the initial estimate, ask what other amenities their company offers. Who knows, you may not have to set up your home theater after all!
Another thing to expect from most full service moving companies is tracking information for your items.
5. They'll Even Unpack For You So You Can Get A Head Start
The last thing to expect from some moving companies is the ability to not only pack and ship your things but to unpack them for you as well. If for any reason you yourself cannot unpack your things, your full service moving company would be happy to help. Make sure you alert the representative giving you the initial estimate you’d like your things unpacked by the movers and shippers as well—this will help consolidate your estimate and save you the trouble of re-hiring the same great movers and shippers you trusted with your things in the first place.
Many full-service moving companies offer a wide array of services and amenities. Be sure to ask before or during the initial estimate for any perks, rewards, referrals or discount programs you may be eligible for. Happy moving!