- Moving Claim Forms are Required by Household Goods Moving Companies
- Best Case Scenario
- In-House Disputes: Check Out Claims Package
- Handling a Moving Claim Properly
- What is a Claims Register?
- Unsatisfied? You Have a Right To Arbitration!
- Learn More About Arbitration on Moving Authority
1.Claim Forms are Required by Household Goods Moving CompaniesEvery household goods moving company must have a claims process established. Shippers must be given the option of filing a claim for loss and damaged claim. Movers cannot issue payment for loss or damage without first making a note on the claim form. Sometimes movers opt to pay a third party claims company to process moving claims. While this is a convenient option, it can become costly.
2. Best Case ScenarioIf the moving company caused damage to goods that you need in to live in the new home, there is hope. You can often times get the company to speed the replacement product as it reviews the claim. If the moving company damaged items, do not repair or replace them.
First, make sure the claim has reached the company and someone has come to assess the damages. If the item you made a claim for is unsafe, you can take a photo and throw it away. When you receive compensation for the claim, it will usually come in the form of a check. Make sure the amount given is satisfactory. If it is not, then you should negotiate a new price. Keeping a polite composure will make it easier for you to get what you want out of the claim.
3. In-House Disputes: Check Out Claims Package
Generic Claim Form
Claim Receipt Acknowledgement Letter
Notice of Extension Required
Claim Response Letter
Generic Release Form
Pre-Delivery Release Form
Notary Required Release Form
Claims Weight Guide
Claim Package Instruction Manual
Claim Package Analysis Guide
4. Handling a Moving Claim Properly
Handling a complaint the right way is critical for building a strong client base. Also, it helps attract people to using your services to move again in the future. When filing a claim with a moving company, it is important to remember that the sooner you do it, the better. Most companies have a certain time frame after the move to file a claim. Doing it sooner makes it more likely that someone will process the claim. The people responsible for damages will be held liable. For claim compensation, remember that some items may have under full value insurance. Unless you got extra insurance with the movers, the plan that comes with your move covers your items. This is not a full coverage plan, Instead, it only covers part of the cost of replacement for the items. This may be why your settlement is smaller than anticipated.
5. What is a Claims Register?
6. Unsatisfied? You Have a Right To Arbitration!Notary release forms protect you from more than damage claims. You can use them to prevent credit card disputes and other claims that could be illegitimate. A settlement allows you to drop all disputes with the customer on the basis of agreed terms. If the customer does not feel satisfied with the move, you can work together to reach an agreement.
7. Learn More About Arbitration on Moving AuthorityIf your attempt at a resolution is unsuccessful, you can progress to arbitration. We provide you with moving claim tips and tools necessary to analyze your claims. Click here for more information about our working claims package for handling damages.
- Furniture donation
- The pros cons of moving
- Moving in with your partner
- How to move with no money
- 20 things to do before moving in or out
- Tax deductions after move
Who are the largest moving companies?
How to spot rogue mover!
Understand Pallet sizes