Membership(s) & License
US DOT #-4452
126 Haney Dr
<a href="/best-movers/North-Carolina/Mooresville/port-city-movers/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
Moved substantial family unit things (beds, washer/dryer, furniture, pendulum clock, open air furniture from house to capacity unit close-by It rained the day we moved! The movers took specific consideration to pull the truck as close as could be expected under the circumstances to the house, then made a plastic shelter from the truck's top to the entryway patio covering. This permitted my furniture to be moved without getting wet. They wrapped my pendulum check in covers and ran plastic and tape around it. They took great consideration of my stuff, and worked like trojans that evening. I plan to utilize them again to move those things from capacity into my new house.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:42 a.m.
Awesome experience with P.C Movers all the way around. The mover were very professional, they procted and handled my funiture very carefully.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
We were very pleased with Port City Movers from start to finish. (Online inquiry>1st phone call>arrival>delivery). Thank you Alicia, Rodney, Johnny, Jesse and Aarron. Great hardworking, caring, patient Team!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Port City came highly recommended but our experience with them just goes to show that we should've read the negative reviews about this place. We reached out to get assistance for our cross-town move and were given what we believed to be a flat rate quote based on a conversation with one of the employees of this business. The job was quoted without ever visiting our home or asking for pictures of the items that needed to be moved. I falsely assumed that these guys knew what questions to ask to make sure they understood the level of effort required to complete the job. Obviously that was not the case! On the day of the job, it became very apparent that they had drastically undersized the effort required to complete the work. Snide, snarky and rude comments were pretty much non-stop from the time they arrived until the time they left. Several hours into the job, we were hit up with "we undersized this job and you'll need to pay us the hourly rate when we start to run over". They stopped wrapping our furniture and just begin putting whatever they could in the truck. It got so bad that finally just told them to leave some of the things that were supposed to be moved. We also felt so uncomfortable with them that we followed the truck between locations to ensure that our stuff arrived at our new home. Ultimately, they unloaded everything in the foyer at our home leaving us to figure out how to get it up the stairs or to it's final destination. Followups with management the following week were equally frustrating. After the 3rd phone call, I've decided it's not longer worth my energy to continue to complain. I'm hopeful by writing this review that others can avoid the absolutely ridiculous and horrible experience we've had with this business.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Port City moved us from Mooresville to Ohio in September. The guys did a great job, and NO damaged items. My wife broke her ankle the morning of unload, so things were a little crazy, but the team adjusted.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
These guys were great and would use again. Mike, Casey, DW
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
I know this is a long review but trust me you'll want to read the entire thing before using this company. We used this business over a year ago to pack and move our house from Iron Station to Denver, NC. I have been waiting since then for a response concerning the damage done to multiple pieces of furniture as well as items packed and waited to post this review in the hopes they would make good on the issues. They attempted to charge us almost $2,000 over what our estimate was despite many, many reassurances by the employee that he was over quoting. One of their employees that packed us also stated that they had us being charged for more weight than what he estimated to actually be. In addition we packed 4 rooms, in their entirety, prior to their arrival and everything moved into the new house was loaded into a box truck or stacked in the basement and living room so they didn't even have to set things up in the house. To say they were unprofessional is a gross understatement. There was a pile of cigarette butts left on my porch, trash from their lunch left around the house including a spilled drink that no one bothered to clean. They asked 100 times over about what should be moved and what shouldn't and in the end left countless things they were supposed to take but took a gun safe filled with weapons that they were explicitly told to leave. They wandered the house cussing, taking multiple smoke breaks and making inappropriate statements to my teenagers regarding the contents of boxes that were already packed and they chose to open. Their packing was a joke as well. Things from the top of the dresser were thrown into a box with clothes from drawers that were also haphazardly thrown into large wardrobe boxes. Shoes were thrown into a large wardrobe box along with multiple designer purses that were all dented and deformed when we unpacked. We have 3 leather sofas that were scratched in multiple places, chairs from a table set that are chipped, 2 dressers that were cracked, a lamp that was thrown into the back of the truck and was dented as well as covered in grease stains, and the list goes on. In addition we are missing a mirror and a large container filled with change and bills that we've been collecting since our son was born. When I reached out to them they were not concerned nor responsive. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a moving company and can not fathom how they are in business with practices such as this.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.