74 Ferndoc Street
<a href="/best-movers/Massachusetts/Hyannis/vanguard-moving-services-reviews/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:38 a.m.
Moved from a 3200 sq ft house to 1800 sq ft one. Unfathomably proficient, gracious, and amicable group of folks. Exceptionally receptive to bearings. Moved and unloaded in roughly 6 hours-didn't feel that they surged or slacked. Extraordinary group!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:39 a.m.
I would give them zero stars however it's impossible. We were under a tight moving due date and they said they can suit us. We gave them out move out date. After two days they turned out and looked at the occupation then we got a quote. We got back to soon thereafter to book them. They didn't give back our calls or messages until the following day whereupon time they said they couldn't fit us in. We squandered a week. We let them know our time span. You're the best.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
Five Stars!!! Recently used Vanguard in Hyannis, MA. Everyone I dealt with was professional, responsive to requests, efficient and very fairly priced. Would definitely recommend!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
We couldn't be happier with the service we received from Vanguard. We recently had to move from Cambridge, MA to Santa Fe, NM (in the middle of the pandemic, no less!) We weren't sure if a local company would be able to handle this cross-country move, but Vanguard responded to our query within hours. Since in-house visits were impossible because of COVID, Vanguard based their estimate on a FaceTime tour of our apartment and things (the only company to do so; this meant they were also more confident in and committed to their estimate than other moving services we considered). The quote we received was very reasonable and lower than other companies we'd looked at. Tom and his crew showed up on time (wearing PPE) and were extremely professional and friendly. Vanguard was communicative with us throughout the move, they arrived on schedule, and not a single item of ours was damaged in the 35-hour drive. And as a final (unheard of!) surprise, the cost we paid ended up being a little lower than the estimate, since packing and unpacking took less time than they'd predicted. I would recommend this company to anyone with enthusiasm -- they combine the communication and care of a local business with the infrastructure and capacity of a much larger company. Thank you, Tom and Julie, for all your help! You made what could have been a very stressful move so easy for us.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.