- Think About Your Moving Needs: Do You Need A Pro?
- Balance is Necessary
- Direct Delivery
- Are There Building Requirements?
- Can a Large 53-Foot Trailer Reach the Destination?
- Will Unpacking Be Required?
- Is Crating Required?
- Do You Need to Purchase High-Value Insurance?
- Do You Need Trash Disposed Of?
- Will There Need to be Storage for a Period of Time?
1. Think About Your Moving Needs: Do You Need a Pro?Professionals in the business world are busy people. Every ounce of time is valuable and important. The reason to use a moving company is so they can do what they do best: move from one destination to another. Not needing to wait for a specific schedule of van line shipping delays. If you are looking for a moving company, reading reviews works a great deal. By reading moving company reviews, you can protect yourself from the rogue movers. Once you find some pro movers worth your time, you can contact them to see if they can provide moving services. Try to get a free quote on their website so you can get a more customized estimate.
2. Balance is Necessary
They want a speedy, direct moving service that allows them to have delivery done on time. This allows them to enjoy the move or trip they’re going to take to their new destination. It is important for the director/executive to have a work-life balance. Whether it's taking the time to enjoy family or to discover the new place, this helps ease stress. Most of all, it allows them to get back to what they are good at once work begins. The pro moving company should have positive reviews by other executives.
These individuals inside of a corporation are the lifeblood of the business. Also, they are the driving force of the nation. There are many things to take into consideration during a pro move. Thus, it is important to find out, in advance, from the parties what their moving needs are.
Is direct delivery needed? Is there a locator?
Will there be a time where the person will need to go into storage?
What type of building is it? a high-rise building perhaps?
Can a large 53-foot trailer reach the destination?
Will unpacking be required?
Are there any high-value works of art or paintings?
Any items over $5000? Do these need to be crated?
Do you need to purchase high-value insurance?
Do you need all of the trash disposed of?
Will the person's goods need to be placed in storage for a period of weeks/months?
3. Direct DeliveryDirect delivery is an agreed date that your moving professional has promised delivery. The contract signed by both parties states this date. Usually, this costs extra, especially if you’re going long distance. You must communicate that you want this service to the moving company before picking up. The reason for this is that a competent mover can plan and schedule your delivery. Do not compromise your service by finding the cheapest price! This includes when it comes to finding apartments pro move. A mover that values himself will charge a price supporting the service. A good moving company values its own service and wants its customers to be happy. Top movers provide customers with excellent moving service, guaranteed. If you're planning to take a vacation during the move, you must tell your mover in advance. This includes tours, conferences, or speaking engagements. At times, if the items are going in storage, then they are actually moving four times. You must take the correct precautions when wrapping, crating and packing the items. This is to prevent them from damage.
4. Are There Building Requirements?Depending on what type of building at the destination, there are a few things that could change the price. The movers needing to spend more time to do the delivery or pickup, which can inflate labor costs. If you’re going to a high-rise building, the movers will need to take an elevator. Unless, of course, it was built before the 1930’s...and the men may need to go up a tiring flight of stairs. Moving companies cannot complete an apartment pro move at night. Apartments want residents to be quiet at night and moving causes too much noise. Ask apartment expert for more information on building rules. The movers can pre-plan for this and order more manpower which comes out to less time for the move. There is nothing worse for a mover than working until 1:00-2:00 am. This won’t make anyone happy.
- Also, if there is a loading dock, will the moving company have accessibility or will they need to make an appointment?
- Will the building require building insurance?
Building insurance usually has a cost involved. The building’s name needs to be on the certificate and then faxed or emailed. This process ensures that the building has the movers on file.
5. Can a Large 53-Foot Trailer Reach the Destination?This is very easy to understand. A 53-foot trailer is a standard big rig, 18-wheeler. If any of the locations can’t support this size or allow access on the road, then you have two options. The mover can either transport it into a smaller vehicle, called a shuttle. Extra costs will apply for the labor and extra vehicles needed. Your second option is pick up in a smaller vehicle and delivery with that same vehicle. If you make the second choice, then there will be a premium rate. With this option, the moving company will probably lose money if they are going over 500 miles. Fuel consumption will be exactly the same if you drive a small 24-foot truck or a 53-foot truck. They will lose money on the space they would’ve had in the larger vehicle.
6. Will Unpacking Be Required?
7. Is Crating Required?
8. Do You Need to Purchase High-Value Insurance?
9. Do You Need Trash Disposed Of?Do you believe that it is a rule for a moving company to get rid of your trash? Some moving companies charge to take the trash off your property. Some people like to keep moving boxes; we suggest only keeping them if you plan on doing a move within 2 years. If not, throw the boxes away. They’re a porous item that can absorb moisture and create mold over time.
Companies moving for the first time in a while may be looking for storage. This is in case they are not able to arrange their office the way they want it the first time. They may need to remove things from the office and have a temporary place to store them before they find a space for it. If there is a need for storage please communicate this in the beginning when booking your move. An extra handling charge may apply. Also, you may need to find storage space on your own. In large areas of the country, there is a shortage of open storage facilities and space. This is especially true if there has been some kind of natural disaster within the last 2 years. Pre-planning is the key to taking control of cost and time on a move. This tends to be important for those that need a speedy return to their job. Good luck, and I hope this article was helpful to you even in Atlanta GA.
10. Will There Need to be Storage for a Period of Time?
Finding a pro move company on Moving Authority is the first step to ensuring that your move is in the right hands. A moving pro is really the only safe way to move these days.