Looking for nationwide moving services, but worried that it will cost you a bundle? If you follow some of these steps and make the right plans beforehand, you could easily save money.Not only easily but also a decent amount of money. Don't be fooled, the people that end up spending extraordinary amounts are usually the ones that are extraordinarily unprepared. It’s typical for a nationwide move to quickly accumulate in costs, making it an expensive trip. But with the following tips, you can help ensure finding professional movers nationwide.
Choose the Right Time of Year
Something as simple as moving during the summer, fall or when school is out could save you as much as 23% on the total cost of your moving expenses. You want to avoid moving on or around holidays, during the snowy season or when it’s generally cold outside. If you’re planning to move to the south where it getsreallyhot, then you may want to avoid the summer time.Most of the time people hire moving companies when the climate is either extreme orjustthe opposite of what theyare usedto every day. Examples are places like Los Angeles.It's sunny all the time, but there are more people hiring moving companies when the heat is extreme in the 90s and 100s. They are not feeling up to the task of doing it themselves.There are numerous things to consider when moving from the west coast to the east coast as well.
Wherever you can make less space, do so. There’s no need to store small items in the moving truck.Hopefully, you have a car for this purpose and some trusty boxes. To make nationwide moving services more affordable, you can ship smaller belongings yourself. Various parcel services with insurance and a tracking number make things safer.Moving Authority recommends doing this for all items you are shipping to your new place via parcel services. Of course, this is especially the case if they are valuable small items and trinkets.
Use Hand-Me-Down Boxes
Instead of opting for brand new moving boxes, you should instead find a way to use used boxes. There are numerous reasons for this, first of all, you will be helping the planet in your own small but meaningful way. Secondly, it is cheaper. Two things that rarely converge but that are hugely beneficial together. You can find these at grocery stores. You could ask store managers for quality boxes they no longer need, and they’ll give them to you for free. You may even know someone who recently moved or who stored their boxes in the basement or garage. You’ll be surprised at how much money you could save using used moving boxes.
Throw Away Excess Things
There are a lot of things which you can get rid of before your move. It will take time, but it will save money because the fewer things you have, the cheaper the long distance move will be.
CLOTHING YOU'VE HAD NO USE FOR IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS.
A lot of people keep clothing that they haven't used in a long time. This is fine when you are living in a place because you never know when you will put together a new outfit.However, during the moving
People keep old paint because the paint is not the cheapest thing and you never know when you will need to do a touch-up.However, since you are moving to a new home with new colors they are not needed. Besides, even if theywere needed, they take up excess space and it's more likely that they won'tbe needed.
BOOKS YOU DON'T READ
People do not realize that books, when combined in bulk, are quite heavy and take up a lot of space. So, if you don't need them, donate them to a local used bookstore. This is the best thing to do because books make the world go round. There areprobablysome kids in the neighborhood that will enjoy them. But definitely, if you don't have any interest in reading the books, do not take them with you.
Nationwide Final Moving Tips
Moving can be very exciting whether it is within the state or out of state.However, you cannot ignore the fact that moving is very stressful. It can involve documents, logistics and other details. All these are part of the moving process to a new apartment, condo or home.During this phase of your life, youcertainlyneed all the help that you can get- notjustfinancially, but alsomorally.In order togive you a helping hand, we have created a checklist found below so you can plan ahead of time.
Planning the move:
* Establish a set of the budget entirely for the move.
* Make a list of the belongings you still need and want to be transferred to the new place. You should divide the things that can be shipped, the ones that can fit in your car, and the ones that should be moved by the trailer truck or rented a van.
* Determine the things that may need special packaging or insurance. These are the breakables, art, and other fragile items.
* When you decided to hire professional movers, you need to obtain quotes from several companies. Obtaining quotes is an easy, one-step process on Moving Authority. After obtaining quotes, take the time to consider each quote and choose which is best for you.
- You must not sacrifice having peace of mind for just a few dollars when you are moving to another state. Make sure that the mover to be selected are bonded and insured.
- Inquire about the costs of packing like labor and materials. This must be based on your availability and budget. You also need to make decisions on what you could pack on your own.
- The moving companies may enable you to get the boxes and packing materials from their office so you can do the packing. This process requires considerable time yet it can help lessen the moving expenses.
When you will choose to move without the help of professionals, you need to:
* Allocate extra hours to perform coordination, transportation of the entire family. Also, purchase extra insurance if possible. This is not just for the belongings but also for the liability.
* When possible, you need to make reservations for trailers or trucks beforehand.
* When calculating blankets, boxes and other materials used for packing, ensure to overestimate each.
What to do beforehand:
* Make sure to submit forms for change of address request to the post office. Inform your neighbors and friends about your new address as well.
* All your identifications like checks, driver’s license, and others must also have the updated address.
* For tax deduction purposes, you need to organize all your paper works.
* All utility subscriptions like cable, gas, electric, and phone mustbe notifiedand cancellation request shouldbe sent. You may still request any of those tobe reconnectedin your new address if they provide services there too.
* If you will move with pets, you should make arrangements with the plane, hotels or other services that you may use during the move.
* When you will travel by car or moving the van, you need to properly plan your route. Take into account any finding points of interest that you may encounter along the way. Your travel time can be educational, fun and worthwhile if you have a good plan of the trip.
* Determine and set aside the essential things that will immediately need once you are in your new home. Usually, these are medicines, toiletries, schoolbooks, clothes, and others.
On the day of the move:
* All the important information must be available like contact numbers of Move Company, assistance plan of the roadside, maps and so on.
* If moving with kids and pets, ensure that they are well attended too while everyone is busy with the stuff. There must be available water and food and even toys they can play with to keep them busy.
* You need to make sure that if you need important documents, you know exactly where to find them. These are insurance documents, leases, purchase orders, bank cards, checks and others.
* Your old keys must be left to the landlord or management office or the new owner of the old home.
* The new keys should be handy as well as the security codes, other details so you can get through the new place as soon as you arrive.
* Never bring any appliance that belongs to the old house if it is not yours.
* If you happen to rent the old home, ensure to leave it clean so as you can get your security deposit or other deposit you made the first time you lease it.
* If you will drive long distance, remember the rule of thumb to stop every two hours even if you feel that you don’t need to.
* Be prepared for anything unexpected.
Never trust the company that offers the least price of service among the rest.Trust a reputable long distance moving company. But only after having done research on numerous candidates using Moving Authority. There are many companies that offer too good to be true rates. These companies can truly be luring to hire but as a smart customer, you need to be very cautious in hiring one. Most of the times, carrier do not accept the very low price. If such thing happened, it is likely that your car will not be moved.
Decide which company will suit best for you and schedule your transport. Ensure that you will have a fax or email confirmation. Before signing any contract or other paper works, make it a habit to read it first. Signing up online also binds you to enter into a contract. They can use the e-signature once you tick the accepted box and submit the form.
Ensure that your vehicle is inspected by the carrier. During pick-up time, the driver needs to make car inspection for any existing damage. The damage will be noted on the report of ‘vehicle condition’. Once noted, you will be asked to sign it and will give you a copy of the report for your reference. You should keep it until the car has been delivered.
Perform a car inspection as there might be dents, scratches or dings. You need to take your time in checking for any damage. This is the single chance you have to claim for any damage if necessary. Once the damage is claimed, you need to ensure that the carrier will sign the condition report. You should not overlook to ask for a copy that you can keep for future reference. When moving cars from state to state, you're going to want to make sure that you knew the condition of the vehicle before and after. Have the paperwork to prove, whichis givento you by a licensed car carrier when they pick up the vehicle.
* When you have got a separate policy for your valuables, you should verify the coverage if you will move on a later time.
* Never take chances with your valuables. Ensure that all things are safe and protected along the way.
* Coverage should be verified with your residential insurance company. This is for any case of loss while the move is on-going. Moving insurance is necessary through the shipper and
* Take into account to update your home and auto insurance with your updated address and other changes with your information. Doing such may have an impact
Moving Authority strives to deliver you with the best customer service that we can. This is why we will stop at nothing to ensure that you are happy with your move, whether it be local or long distance. Our employees have been in the business for a long time, and have seen some of the worst nationwide movers. A bad nationwide mover handles customers as if they do not matter. At Moving Authority, this is intolerable to us. We want to make sure that all your moving and packing needsare metwith the utmost level of care.