Other California moving companies online
- Los Angeles, CA (443)
- San Diego, CA (144)
- San Jose, CA (85)
- San Francisco, CA (103)
- Sacramento, CA (53)
- Fresno, CA (19)
- Bakersfield, CA (20)
- Long Beach, CA (443)
- Riverside, CA (67)
- Oakland, CA (142)
- Stockton, CA (30)
- Anaheim, CA (121)
- Santa Ana, CA (123)
- Modesto, CA (21)
- Chula Vista, CA (143)
- Venice, CA (440)
- San Bernardino, CA (37)
- La Mirada, CA (445)
Don't Ignore Plants When Moving!
- Plants, because they are living things, aren’t allowed to go inside of a moving truck.
- If you’re staying local, it’s best to transport your plants and flowers in your own personal vehicle.
- If you’re moving long-distance, however, this can be somewhat difficult.
- If you’ll take your own car along with having a moving truck, and you can take your plants along for the ride.
- If you’re traveling a long way without a personal vehicle, it’s for the best that you find a new home for your plants. Get some new ones at your destination to make your new place feel like home.
Relocating Like a Pro
- Understand your type of service moving. Whether you're moving across town, or it's a long-distance move, sketch out what the move will entail.
- This means that you should think about whether you are moving your home, your office, or even both.
- Moving only your home is called a residential move.This is the most common type of relocating service in the industry.
- Moving only your office or your business is called a commercial move. This happens when a business graduates to a larger space, gains a new location, or moves to a new location.
- A combination of a residential and office move happens when a business owner begins again in a new place.
- Let us help you find the best movers in California with our listing of reputable, reviewed companies.
The moving industry in the United States was deregulated with the Household Goods Transportation Act of 1980. This act allowed interstate movers to issue binding or fixed estimates for the first time. Doing so opened the door to hundreds of new moving companies to enter the industry. This led to an increase in competition and soon movers were no longer competing on services but on price. As competition drove prices lower and decreased what were already slim profit margins, "rogue" movers began hijacking personal property as part of a new scam. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) enforces Federal consumer protection regulations related to the interstate shipment of household goods (i.e., household moves that cross State lines). FMCSA has held this responsibility since 1999, and the Department of Transportation has held this responsibility since 1995 (the Interstate Commerce Commission held this authority prior to its termination in 1995).
Public transportation is vital to a large part of society and is in dire need of work and attention.In 2010, the DOT awarded $742.5 million in funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to 11 transit projects. The awardeesspecificallyfocused light rail projects. One includes both a commuter rail extension and a subway project in New York City. The public transportation New York City has to offer is in need of some TLC. Another is working on a rapid bus transit system in Springfield, Oregon. The funds also subsidize a heavy rail project in northern Virginia.This finally completes the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's Metro Silver Line, connecting to Washington, D.C., and the Washington Dulles International Airport.This is important because the DOT haspreviouslyagreed to subsidize the Silver Line construction to Reston, Virginia.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is an agency within the United States Department of Transportation.The purpose of the FMCSA is to regulate safety within the trucking and moving industry in the United States.The FMCSA enforces safety precautions that reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses.
There are various versions of a moving scam, but itbasicallybegins with a prospective client. Then the client starts to contact a moving company to request a cost estimate. In today's market, unfortunately, this often happens online or via phone calls. Soessentiallya customer is contacting them for a quote when the moving company may not have a license. These moving sales people are salesman prone to quoting sometimes low.Even though usually reasonable prices with no room for the movers to provide a quality service if it is a broker.