Membership(s) & License
US DOT #2171799
195 Sullivan St
<a href="/best-movers/Virginia/Christiansburg/southwest-virginia-moving-and-storage/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:39 a.m.
They arrived speedily and were exceptionally proficient with stacking and emptying the furniture. I am extremely satisfied with the administration. I would utilize them again in the event that I expected to.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
The best movers in the NRV! On time, professional and if there is a problem, they will work with you to make it right!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:42 a.m.
Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked with. They overcharged the move by 50% over their estimate. Caught their owner and have a written record of them essentially lying while trying to provide an explanation as to why they overcharged us. They declined any coverage for all the damaged items despite the fact such damage was observed by and communicated to their movers at the time it occurred. They bring only a few cosmetic runners to make it seem as if they are using them, while leaving large chunks uncovered. Avoid at all costs.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
Terrific group of professionals and would use again!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
Stay away and choose another Company.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
Highly recommended! To start with, they were the only company in Southwest Virginia who was able to get back to me when they said they would as I worked to set up my move. Then they were on time both days and worked diligently to complete the project without harming my stuff and actually came in under the projected time and budget. I've used movers many times and this was the best experience I've had in 10 years and the best crew ever!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Great company, used them to move me from New Jersey to Georgia, and they just moved my friend from Ormond Beach, Fl to Raleigh, NC.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
USE ANYONE ELSE!!! I am going to share the letter I sent to the vice president and sales manager of Southwest Virginia Moving and Storage. They broke things, they attempted to overcharge me by 35%, they equipment in disrepair, but worst of all, an entire box was missing (all I know is it contained all my towels - and I believe fragile articles which are gone...but they also STOLE MY LAPTOP. It wasn't expensive and was 3 years old - but they STOLE MY LAPTOP. As you will read - I basically gave them a pass if they just would come fix the piece of equipment they damaged. They chose not to respond - so you get the whole story here. "I just thought I would let you know, now that I am nearly fully unpacked how much I loathe the experience I had with your company. First, of course is that your company worked through the rainiest day in August - a set of conditions, particularly with my steps, you had to know would result in a longer workday than you anticipated. Rather than reschedule so that the charges would be in line with the estimate, your company chose to just work through the rain, and charge me 35% more than the job should have required. The workers broke an irreplaceable vase/sculpture, which I largely ignored. BUT ...after they left, it got much worse. I realized they dismantled my Powerplate to move it, but did not reassemble it. This is a multiple person job as it is very heavy, (IT DID NOT REQUIRE DISMANTLING)...only a dolly which is how it got into the house I was in. They LEFT IT DISMANTLED. This is a $9000 piece of equipment that I cannot use until it is reassembled - so when the delivery guys from Lowes came with my washer and dryer, they attempted to reassemble, but two of the three bolts that hold it together were immediately identified as damaged - cross threaded. Probably why your people left without reassembling. I waited until now to contact you because I wanted to have unpacked ALL my boxes. Why? Because my laptop is missing. Ne. stolen. Not an expensive laptop but it is gone. As is the box it was in with all my bath towels. I don't remember what else was in the box. The towels were old and of little value. The laptop was only about $350 new. But the problem is all is missing. It was less than a mile's drive between homes. Stuff doesn't fall off the truck. But it is the Powerplate situation that REALLY has me upset. There was NO REASON to dismantle it. But once dismantled, it ABSOLUTELY SHOULD HAVE BEEN RESTORED TO OPERATING CONDITION!!! I would have contacted you sooner, but I wanted to make sure my assertion that the laptop and box with towels and who knows what else were in fact GONE. Judging by the way the company handled the rain/billing situation, I don't expect satisfaction - but if you get your people to my house (NOT the ones who stole from me) to reassemble and make right the Powerplate, I won't share the meat of this email with every review site I can find. If you don't want to
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.