Membership(s) & License
US DOT #2864511
2500 Plaza 5, 25th Floor Harborside
<a href="/best-movers/New-Jersey/Jersey-City/md-relocation-services/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:42 a.m.
Keep away from this company at all cost. They will take you possessions and place them in "their warehouse" actually a storage unit in the Bronx and then proceed to hold your belongings hostage while threatening to burn them, place them in another storage unit at your cost or just let the storage unit sell your stuff for auction. And don't think the D.O.T or F.M.C.S.A will help you cause they won't. And the "mover" knows this
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAVE YOURSELF THE FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have not received my furniture. The owner of the company has said my belongings are in a warehouse in NJ. My belongings were supposed to be delivered last week. No call to inform me they were not coming. After numerous calls to Charter Van Lines (Do Not Use) who said the driver would call me within an hour (did not occur) I was able to get the name of the underlying company they brokered my move to and phone number of the driver. The "owner" stated my furniture would be delivered in 4 days. 4 days later, no call from the mover once again and numerous phone calls to him which were ignored, I receive a text stating he cannot talk, only text. When calling Charter Van Lines to complain, they stated the driver had a bad signal and couldn't be reached. It is now going on 10 days without my delivery, and the owner is now saying my shipment will be delivered in 3 days. I have no idea if I will receive my shipments which was for an entire home. DO NOT USE CHARTER VAN LINES AND DO NOT USE MD RELOCATION SERVICES. Charter Van Lines should have completed due diligence on the companies they outsource to prior to adding them to their roster of brokers. This is a complete nightmare and I don't know if I will ever see my furniture and belongings.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.