- Safety is Most Important
- Stair Climbing Forklifts
- Hydraulic Safe Dollies
- Hiring a Professional Is Much Safer
1. DolliesStair climbing dollies with motors are usually capable of lifting around 1200 lbs. They may have several more premium options, such as automatic rewinding safety straps. They might have added wheel attachments, retractable load support, and lift hitch attachments. Automatic rewinding safety straps make harnessing a heavy safe to an appliance easier. A pneumatic wheel attachment can help when traveling greater distances. It allows rolling on 4 wheels.The 4th wheel is removed before climbing stairs where the gearbox will be operating and lifting the safe up each step.
2. Safety is Most Important
3. Stair Climbing ForkliftsStair Climbing Forklifts or dollies are probably the best way to move safes. Cabinet-shaped loads like money, gun, and document safes are best moved with these dollies. Companies that rent mechanized dollies often claim that it is possible to load and unload delivery vehicles alone. A self-mover may want to reconsider this.
Moving a safe using the fully manual type safe dollies normally requires a set of 2 dollies, one device on either side of the safe.
4. Hydraulic Safe DolliesHydraulic type safe dollies can lift more weight, closer to 3950 lbs., and have a built-in hydraulic track that creates the lifting action. Despite the design of the dolly to handle heavy loads, it is best to first lighten the load by emptying the entire contents. It may need at least 2 people to tip the safe onto the dolly and/or hold it steady while it is in transit. Clear the area of any breakable items or persons standing nearby the moving dolly in case falls on something or someone. This can cause serious injury.
5. Hiring a Professional is Much Safer
Overall, you are much better off using a professional if you need to move. Consider how the cost of working with pros compares to suffering injury as a result of the improper moving of a safe. Since safes are so heavy, most people cannot safely move them. It does not take a lot to get the of a professional, especially if you use Moving Authority.