Membership(s) & License
US DOT #2211675
2678 Forest Lane
<a href="/best-movers/Texas/Dallas/bekins-moving-storage-co/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:40 a.m.
We had the most flawlessly awesome involvement with the Modesto branch of Bekins. The group was on time - no hold up - they were early - expert, individual and careful. We moved from California to Nevada and couldn't have been more satisfied. They were useful going past what was normal. All things were approached with deference and touched base in our new home in mint condition. The group that moved us was extraordinary!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:40 a.m.
Incredible move from beginning to end! Moved from Los Angeles to Portland and couldn't be more content with the administration, cost and care they gave my turn. I would utilize them again and am upbeat to suggest them.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
I cannot be more unhappy with Bekins, and strongly suggest that if you are looking for reputable and customer focused moving company you look elsewhere. I paid extra to have a 77' OLED TV boxed during my move, as it is a delicate and expensive piece of equipment. It was declared on the high value item sheet. When my items were delivered, I was told by the driver I was signing that all items were delivered. What he did not tell me is that by signing the high value sheet, I was agreeing that the TV box was opened and already checked for damage. Keep in mind he had me sign this as well as him signing it while standing right next to the huge 77' TV box that was clearly unopened. I opened the box first right after they left (generously tipped by the way) and of course, the TV was damaged. I filed a claim less than an hour after the movers had left, and of course, they came back and said the claim was denied because I had signed that paper saying it was not damaged. (super small print, not surprising). The deception on the part of the driver is my concern here. Yes I could have stood there for awhile reading everything, but I took his word. I have no doubt that this was done on purpose, and Bekins refuses to even apologize and acknowledge that the fault was also on the driver for misinforming me regarding what I was signing. I don't expect to ever get a resolution on this, but I am dedicated to letting others know what they are getting into with this company. I have done other cross country moves and had no issues with claims after the movers had left. I truly feel this practice is well planned on their part. Beware.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.