- Moving Expenses Can Be Very High
- How Much Does It Cost to Hire Professional Movers?
- Professional Packing Services
- Cost of a Local Move
- Auto-Transport Services
- Long Distance: Charge by Weight
- Other Options
- Book Your Move During the Right Time of Year
- Charges to Expect for All Moves
1. Moving Expenses Can Be Very HighMost movers rely on professionals mainly to physically transport belongings, while services like wrapping, boxing, packing, as well as unpacking one's belongings, are highly valued, though somewhat less essential. The national average cost for hiring movers is
2. How Much Does It Cost to Hire Professional Movers?
Moving labor for a small apartment could normally be moved within a couple of hours of cost, and cost about $50-70 per hour, though additional expenses might be added for stairs and parking availability. Professional movers might charge $75 per each flight of stairs, and about the same for the long carry fee, which will be approximated at every 60-80 additional feet. In terms of square footage, the number of movers needed might be thought of as, four movers for 1750 sq. ft. and for a 5000 sq. ft. house, about six movers.
Choosing movers from a well-established company that is reputable is a good way to avoid the possibility of any fraudulent business transactions.
3. Professional Packing Services
Professional movers who provide packing services will usually cost what would be about 25% of the total price to move. You can save a lot of money if you do the packing yourself. Since there is no really cheap way to relocate, moves tend to cost a lot of money. Paying 25% of the cost of the move for packing and unpacking services will actually end up being a significant cost at the end of the day. Moving companies charging for packing services are called luxury moving companies, and they make it so you all you have to do is tell them what to do. It goes without saying that these luxury moving companies will cost more than a non-luxury moving service. Non-luxury services will just pick up your goods and take them to the new location.
4. Cost of a Local Move
Two professional movers and a truck would cost around $90-$120 per hour, depending on the season and the location of the rental. Three bedrooms normally take about 7 to 8 hours, which would be an entire day of professional moving labor, should cost about $800-$900. It might require six movers to move much larger homes, requiring roughly 4 to 5 hours or half the day, and will cost about $1500-$2000 to complete the job. Premium moving charges could run about $50 up to $120 per hour.
5. Auto-Transport Services
Vehicle transport services to the next time zone over will usually cost at least of $1,000 up to $2,000 per auto, depending on the mover’s location. Movers who have rented a truck on their own and would like only to hire a professional driver might pay about $200 per day for a freelance driver. A few of the large self-moving rental companies often provide linked sites. This will guide movers to reputable and professional moving companies, along with a description of the services they each provide. They may even provide a description of other services they offer outside of what you would expect.
6. Long Distance: Charge by Weight
Hiring a moving company that charges by weight are a good option if you want to pay a more precise price. Long distance moves are often calculated by weight as opposed to volume. Many movers have to factor in weight when operating the truck on the highway.Paying a moving company based on weight is actually preferable to paying based on the volume of the shipment. In either case, you can always get an estimation of how much a move will cost by calling or using your company's online estimation tool.
7. Other Options
Not everyone wants to drive a huge truck for days across the country. It's common to hire professional drivers through the rental truck company. But, there are also companies that rent labor only for large rental-truck driving. These types of companies charge for the cost of the driver, as well as their food and lodgings. Movers will usually pay a 50% deposit to start the move, and the truck is usually delivered within 48 hours.Hiring a separate packing service outside of the moving company may be a great way of obtaining extra premium services. 24-hour moving companies are available in large urban cities.
8. Book Your Move During the Right Time of Year
In considering the cost of movers, keep in mind that the moving industry goes through seasons. The most popular times to move are during the spring and summer when the weather is more optimal for operating outdoors and on the roads. If you book a move during these months, you should expect to pay around 15% to 20% more than you would during other times of the year. Winter and fall are considered the off seasons for moving companies.
9. Charges to Expect for All MovesRegardless of whether you are moving long distance or local, there will be charges that you will have to pay. Customers often do not know about these charges until it is too late. Being informed about the charges that you will have to face is one of the best ways to save money on a long distance move.
10. The Closest to the Cost of Your Move is Using Online Calculators
So, how much does it cost to hire a moving company? Well, there really is no average cost to hiring movers. Seeing as every move is different, there are a lot of factors that can contribute to the cost of movers. The average cost to hire movers can, however, be calculated on a case-by-case basis if need be. There are dozens of online calculators that can be used to find a ballpark cost of your move.
- Furniture donation
- The pros cons of moving
- Moving in with your partner
- How to move with no money
- 20 things to do before moving in or out
- Tax deductions after move
Who are the largest moving companies?
How to spot rogue mover!
Understand Pallet sizes