Other Massachusetts moving companies online
- Boston, MA (29)
- Worcester, MA (17)
- Springfield, MA (15)
- Lowell, MA (52)
- Cambridge, MA (59)
- New Bedford, MA (17)
- Brockton, MA (17)
- Quincy, MA (21)
- Lynn, MA (22)
- Fall River, MA (16)
- Lawrence, MA (23)
- Somerville, MA (59)
- Framingham, MA (51)
- Haverhill, MA (21)
- Waltham, MA (51)
- East Taunton, MA (16)
- Dighton, MA (16)
- Groveland, MA (21)
Reasons Your Movers Put You In Storage
- If you suddenly find your stuff in a storage unit rather than delivered to you, there are a few reasons why this might happen.
- Perhaps you weren’t there to meet your movers at the time of delivery.
- Also, if the destination is unfinished or otherwise unreachable, your movers will make the decision to place your items in storage.
- Finally, if you are unable to pay your bill at the time of delivery, your moving company will hold your things in storage until you’ll all paid up.
- First, you need to file a claim with your moving company.
- Next, you should hear from someone in the company’s claims department.
- If you haven’t heard back from the claims department within a reasonable time frame, you can call them directly.
- Additionally, if no one gets back to you within two weeks of filing the claim, you can leave a review about the company’s negligence on Moving Authority, Yelp, Facebook, or even the company’s website. This will get their attention and hopefully they will reach out to resolve the issue.
- For local moves, the claim and subsequent reimbursement should only take around 30 days from start to finish. For long distance moves, this can take up to 3 months.
“ The first original song about truck driving appeared in 1939 when Cliff Bruner and His Boys recorded Ted Daffan's "Truck Driver's Blues," a song explicitly marketed to roadside cafe owners who were installing juke boxes in record numbers to serve truckers and other motorists.” - Shane Hamilton
In the 20th century, the 1940 film "They Drive by Night" co-starred Humphrey Bogart. He plays an independent driver struggling to becomefinanciallystable andeconomicallyindependent. This is all set during the times of the Great Depression. Yet another film was released in 1941, called "The Gang's All Here". It is a story of a trucking company that'sbeen targeted bysaboteurs.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
Popular among campers is the use of lightweight trailers, such as aerodynamic trailers. These canbe towed bya small car, such as the BMW Air Camper. Theyare builtwith the intent to lower the tow of the vehicle, thus minimizing drag.
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) is a division of the USDOT specializing in highway transportation. The agency's major influential activities are generally separated into two different "programs". The first is the Federal-aid Highway Program.This provides financial aid to support the construction, maintenance, and operation of the U.S. highway network.The second program, the Federal Lands Highway Program, shares a similar name with different intentions.The purpose of this program is to improve transportation involving Federal and Tribal lands.They also focus on preserving "national treasures" for the historic and beatific enjoyment for all.
The industry intends to both consumers as well as moving companies, this is why there are Ministers of Transportation in the industry. They are there to set and maintain laws and regulations in place to create a safer environment.It offers its members professional service training and states the time that movers have been in existence. It also provides them with federal government representation and statistical industry reporting.Additionally, there are arbitration services for lost or damaged claims, publications, public relations, and annual tariff updates and awards.This site includes articles as well that give some direction, a quarterly data summary, and industry trends.