Kenner Movers Top Rated(888) 787-7813
18 Movers in Kenner
If I could put negative stars, that would apply. This company does a great job selling their services and leading you to believe they are capable and actually care. If is unfortunate they are affiliated with Allied. John Combs is their sales rep and Tanner Johnson is their GM. Neither one will take our calls. They were hired for a household move from Denham Springs, LA to Madison, AL. The loading part of the move was unacceptable; brought a large fabric sectional unprotected out in the pouring rain, dropped a cushion in the water, stated they would have the sectional professionally cleaned and boxed before putting it, along with all goods in a sealed container unit for over the road transport. Goods arrived over a week late, no ramp, no dolly, brand new appliances gravely damaged, furniture damaged, not boxed or wrapped, items which we carefully wrapped were completely unwrapped and damaged, boxes abused, busted and cut on the sides, missing 15-20 boxes, Coleman has no "after hours" contact although messages and text messages were sent on Saturday. Made several phone calls to Coleman Monday morning and Mr. Johnson will not take our calls. Mr. Combs will not respond either. They make their office staff tell us to call Allied's 800#. The blatant disregard for these issues and for the absent regard for property is inexcusable. This is still playing out. Be warned, do not subject yourself to the abuse of this company.
I simply moved my family from the NOLA zone to Katy, TX and in the wake of getting a couple cites chose to believe my turn to Johnson Moving and Storage. I was given an ensured cite my last bill mirrored the assurance. The whole move from the assessment to the packers to the driver and conveyance abandoned a hitch and I am 100% fulfilled by the administration I got. I would prescribe this organization without a second thought.
They provided a good, low quote and got most of our stuff there on-time. But when they couldn't fit a few of our pieces in their truck, they left them behind, promised again and again that they would ship them over the course of several months, and then completely fell off the map and ignored my phone calls. Pretty rotten for a fellow service-member.
Security Van Lines of Colorado Springs made an amazing showing of moving us! Workers were precise in their cost assessment, expert and welcoming as we settled on our decision to utilize them, and exhaustive in all clarifications. The driver and his aides were cautious with our possessions and our homes as they stacked and emptied, and they touched base at our new area in a sensible measure of time. I profoundly suggest this moving organization.
What a great gathering of youthful men!!Patiently they unloaded at the dispatch shop repacking things declined. Information, Care and extraordinary state of mind are the words that ring a bell. Much thanks to you!!
These folks are extraordinary for a neighborhood move. Moved my whole one bed room well-suited into capacity in just shy of 2 hours. The cost was at least $200 lower than three other neighborhood movers I found on Google. Would utilize them once more.
They get there and were competent and meticulous in readying my assets. This was my 4th time to relocate with this biz. The team seemed that they could work well. I traveled from LA to Cut and Shoot city Texas. They were accelerated and skilled. Illustrious and decisive. I would directly advocate this moving business. Not one of my couches were damaged. Reginald, Douglass, and Royce were superb. They packed up, filled, and fostered my coffee table.
Haggard Moving did a good job.They even altered a leg on one of my treasure pieces , like the craftsman Jesus, he spared my furnitures broke leg . Movers arrive to get things moved ... They did it and completed under the standard rate ...deferential and kind. Employ these folks again.
These folks are great. Legitimate and dedicated! They took an ideal opportunity to comprehend what we required and ensured that our needs were accomodated. Want to work together once more.
Moving is often a nerve racking, unpleasant, distressing background. I have had pack bangers attempt and hustle me (ref: Starving Students, yelp.com/biz/starving-st… ) Stuff broken/misused on different moves, and so on... Watch the motion picture "Moving" with Richard Pryor, you'll get it... I additionally have had wonderful encounters... (Ref: Daniel's Moving and Storage, yelp.com/biz/daniels-mov… ) The folks that offloaded my GF's Pod stockpiling unit were absolutely great. They said they would touch base between 8-9 am, at 7:50 am they arrived. They were considerate, they hustled, and they filled in as though they really thought about the items they were offloading/moving/conveying up a flight of stairs... The one man was most likely one of the most grounded folks I have ever seen. He was conveying many pounds, similar to it was nothing. They were totally stupendous. The movers we had were named James and Kriss.
Congratulations of you becoming compliant with arbitration.
They wrapped furniture pleasantly. Nothing was harmed. We are exceptionally glad that we had their assistance. There was a gigantic activity on that day and they were held up in the movement for over 60 minutes, so did my spouse. They didn't charge us additional for the deferral.
Awesome moving company. They're quick, cautious, and moderate. I very suggest them and will utilize them for future moves.
They moved our stuff, actually lifted it, conveyed a group of it upstairs without occurrence, didn't botch anything up, and snared the washer and dryer. They're really fortunate in light of the fact that moving furniture is really an incredible workout, and they even get paid for it. Incredible moving background.
Congratulations of you becoming compliant with arbitration.
What No One Tells You About Tipping Movers
Giving a tip to your movers may have you scoffing with disapproval, and we understand why. The process of moving itself is incredibly costly, and it may seem like there is no shortage of surprise fees and extra things to buy. Once moving day draws near, you’ll probably feel like your debit card may break in half from all the exercise it’s been getting. And now, we’re talking about tipping movers, which may not have even occurred to you before now.
Tipping is a touchy subject, but it’s one that should absolutely be discussed. When Americans go out to eat, a tip for the server is almost like a part of the bill for the meal; despite the fact that it isn’t legally mandatory and totally based on the discretion of the customer, it’s still very routine. And why is that? Because it’s common knowledge that servers only make a few dollars per hour, and gratuities are their way of surviving.
Why should movers, who are usually full-time employees with a competitive wage, be in the same category? Because these guys are working tirelessly with your personal things as if they are their own. The amount of hard, manual labor that goes into completing every move is immense, and your movers strive to get your things from A to B with minimal downtime. That’s some serious work ethic, which largely goes unnoticed during the stress of a move.
When your movers have done an outstanding job making your move a success, it’s the right thing to do to show them how much you appreciate their hard work. A good strategy to manage this extra expense is to plan for it ahead of time, or at least make a line item in your moving budget for any pop-up surprises. An appropriate amount to tip your movers is between 5% and 10% of the total moving cost.
Parents Wish They Knew THIS Before a Long Distance Move
Kids are very sensitive to change, so making a long-distance move may seem catastrophic for a child’s development. Making the transition from one place to another is especially stressful, even for adults. Because of this, many parents feel incrediblely conflicted when they are wondering whether to take that job across the country, buy that house in another state, or whatever it is that’s drawing them away from the familiarity of where their child calls home.
But something that many parents fail to realize at the time is that while kids can be sensitive, they can also be amazingly resilient. Issues that sometimes plague adults can be easily brushed away by a child. Kids may seem scared to start at a brand new school, but after a few days, parents just might hear the names of the new friends the kids have made.
Moving long distance is hard enough as it is. There are definitely things you should do with your child to familiarize him or her to the new area (such as showing photos of their new school, planning how they want to decorate their room, focusing on the new rather than the old, etc), However, it’s also important and encouraged to create a sense of closure for your child to say goodbye to the old home, especially if it’s the place they’ve known all their life.
In short, don’t shy away from change because you’re unsure of how it will affect your child. Be honest with your little one and give them lots to do to help with the move so that it doesn’t feel like they are totally powerless in the matter. When you help give them a sense of purpose, it’s incredible how fast and how well they can adapt.
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.
Get A Free Quote