- People Often Want to Know if They're Sharing a Truck
- What Separates My Stuff From Other People's Stuff?
- What if I Rent a Truck, Can I Share It?
- I Don't Want to Share My Moving Truck With Someone!
- What is Back Loading?
ClearlyMark Your Moving Boxes
1. People Often Want to Know if They're Sharing a Truck
2. What Separates My Stuff From Other People's Stuff?Moving companies will inventory a customer's household goods by placing usually a small sticker with a lot number on it and in an item number. This is also written down on an inventory sheet, which shouldbe givento you as a receipt when the movers pick you up.Companies willtightlystack your household goods into the vehicle and then strap it off with E straps so that there is no movement while the truck traveling down the road. What is a 53-foot truck can't fit in my street of my new location?If you're moving to a rural area, a street that has low hanging trees or area where it is impossible to turn around you willproperlyneed to transport your house hold goods into a smaller truck whichis calleda shuttle.A shuttle isnormallya 16 or 24-foot truck that the big rig driver will have to rent or contract to be able to complete your delivery.If you think that you have any of the delivery issues that I stated above make sure that you communicate this to your moving company in the beginning. The movers will be much happier and well prepared if they know what's to come.Also if you're going to need a shuttle more than likely the moving company will charge you for thisadditionalservice because of the added labor time rental costs or contracted services. Many hill communities on able to manage a large 53 foot trailer either.
3. What If I Rent a Truck, Can I Share It?Thisis hitor miss some successful story’s about people sharing rental trucks enough that some real horror stories as well.If you're doing the relocation with a friend and you know the person that's running the trailer or truck and you moving to the same city or area it could work. Be upfront and calculate your costs so that the agreement is exactly what it is from the beginning. Remember if one of you is driving, you’ll need to stay in a hotel. You will need topurchasethe fuel, and load and unload the vehicle for the both of your properties. If you find a stranger, well good luck to you.Ipersonallywouldn'tadvisethis because if somebody gets injured you could belegallyliable.
Of course, the worst won of all what if theyjustdrive off with your stuff. Finding a personis drivenoff with your stuff in a rental truck who you don't know is like finding a needle in a haystack.