Moving From Boston MA to San Francisco CA
- Despite the Distance, These Two Cities Have A Similar Vibe
- Entertainment is Quite Infamous
- Cultural Diversity
- Weather: Vibe Is Similar, But Prepare For Wildly Different Climates
- Economy: Historic Attractions, Tourism, Business, & Start-Ups
- Don't Stress, We're Here If You Need Us
1. Despite the Distance, These Two Cities Have A Similar VibeWhile you may not think so, Boston and San Francisco actually have a lot in common. They are similar in size and have a lot of smaller neighborhoods around them. Both cities also share the gift of a widely-accessible public transit system.
Furthermore, these public transit systems help to further learning and tourism in the two cities.
2. Entertainment is Quite Infamous
3. Cultural Diversity
5. Weather: Vibe Is Similar, But Prepare For Wildly Different ClimatesSan Francisco and Boston are very different when it comes to weather and climate. Boston has rather severe weather in the winter and very hot weather in the summer. San Francisco, on the other hand, maintains a relatively average weather pattern year round. Averages in the summer are in the mid to upper 70s, while winter averages are in the mid to upper 50s. This is the perfect climate for someone who doesn't like to switch out their wardrobe four times a year.
6. Economy: Historic Attractions, Tourism, Business, & Start-UpsBoth Boston and San Francisco share a common form of revenue- tourism. Both cities have a lot of natural and historical significance in the United States.Many people visit the city each year because of the reasons we have already discussed, but also because it is a very attractive place to go. If you are moving to San Francisco for work, then there are a lot of accommodations for businesses in the city as well. Many companies hold meetings and seminars in San Francisco, so it is not uncommon to see someone with a suit and tie. With this, there are a lot of hotels in the city that support the tourism and business travel industry. Therefore, it is safe to say that the economy of the city is pretty well-off.
Housing costs in San Francisco are infamously high, however. This is not too different from Boston, either. Both cities have Victorian style homes that run for over a million dollars. While this is discouraging for new residents, it keeps the economy thriving. There are a significant number of banks in the city that manage and distribute money. If you would like to start a business in the city, then you can do just that. Over 80 percent of the businesses in San Francisco are start-ups or employ 10 people or less. You can use the online cost calculator from Moving Authority to see how much a cross country move will cost you.