If you want an American moving company with the most fantastic Louisiana moving company reviews, look no further. Moving Authority is your resource for Louisiana long distance movers and local movers. Free moving estimates are always available to help you plan your relocation.
- Change your address on all subscriptions, and have your mail forwarded to your new location. Most subscriptions can be managed online, and you can even have your mail forwarded online. Otherwise, pop into any post office to fill out a mail forwarding form.
- Have all utilities scheduled for transfer a few days before the big move so that you’re never without any essentials like electricity or water when moving to Louisiana.
- When you switch your subscriptions, make sure to update your bank account information.
- If you have kids, make sure to transfer their registration
inschool well before the move.
- If your move is taking you a long distance and you’re driving yourself, make sure that your car can make the journey safely without stranding you somewhere.
- Take a look at all your belongings and see if there are things you can bear to let go of. Moving is a wonderful time to downsize and streamline the amount of stuff you own, so when you are packing everything, ask yourself, “Do I need this?”
Eat Your Way Through New Orleans Like a Local
- Breakfast at Café DuMonde
- Lunch at Cochon
- Afternoon snack at Bacchanal
- Dinner at Brigtsen’s
4 Common Grievances With Movers — And How To Fix Them
- They broke your things. A moving company is on the hook for any of your items that are damaged. Every reputable company will have a claims department that can take care of your claim for you.
- Your household goods were put into storage. There are a few different reasons this could happen, like forgetting to pay the bill or if the movers showed up and you weren't there. Communicate with the moving companies Louisiana to resolve the problem.
- My price increased. This is actually a normal
occurencewhen a quote is given over the phone or online, then your Louisiana moving company shows up and actually assess the moving job on moving day. The best way to avoid this is to request an on-site estimate well before the move.
- My movers never came! No-show movers are bad, but there's usually a reason. Perhaps they're stuck in
traffic,or got pulled over for a random inspection by the USDOT. Give them a call to check the status, and consider choosing movers who have GPS so that traffic jams and getting lost can be avoided.
What You Need to Ask Yourself When Relocating to Louisiana
- When are you moving? It’s a huge help to get planning as soon as you figure out that you will be moving so that you can scope out the best deals possible.
- How far are you going? Moving services can be costly, and this is especially true if you’re moving long distance or even if you need a lot of services.
- Do you have the right tools? This is especially important for DIY movers. An item as simple as a dolly can save time, money, and effort during a relocation.
- What is your budget? While moving services can cost a lot, it’s important to remember that moving is an investment. You want to make sure all your things get to their destination safely, so it’s best to select a price point for what you can realistically afford and stick to it.
- Are you flexible? The most popular time to move is over the weekend during the summer months, so if you can move outside of those
timeframes, you will be able to take advantage of amazing discounts offered by moving companies.
- Do you have specialty items? Heavy pieces like pianos, gun safes, refrigerators, and hot tubs need special attention when you're moving. Make sure that you have taken the necessary steps to get these large items moved safely.