Are you looking for the best car transport in Connecticut? Make sure the dependable American moving company you choose can move your furniture as well as your vehicle. With many Connecticut long distance movers out there, it's important to get a credible moving cost estimate. Read Connecticut moving company reviews to find a moving company to help you out. If you're moving within Connecticut, be sure to read local moving company reviews. It's simpler than ever to find the best Connecticut movers for you. Get a free moving quote and Connecticut movers cost estimate today. Also, get free moving estimates from local movers and self-service movers. This way, you'll be better informed and have more information about the cost of a relocation.
Putting the PRO in Protection: HOW TO CHOOSE A REPUTABLE MOVING COMPANY
- Though the moving industry is mostly made up of hardworking and trustworthy professionals, there are an unfortunate number of rogue movers looking to rip off unsuspecting customers.
- Moving Authority does its part to shield customers from the scammers by featuring only the highest-rated movers Connecticut and those companies licensed and insured by the FMCSA.
- When shopping for moving companies in Connecticut on Moving Authority, look out for the 3-year and 6-year badges on company profiles, which signify either 3 or 6 years of reputable business with successful moves and satisfied customers.
- If you’re dealing with moving companies Connecticut who do not answer the phone professionally, or presents contracts and other documents without an official company letterhead, these are signifiers that you might be dealing with a rogue moving company.
- If you’ve encountered what you believe are rogue movers in Connecticut, contact Moving Authority for advice on how to proceed. You don’t want to trust all your worldly possessions to crooks who might steal everything you own.
Surprise Fees That Can Inflate Your MOVING COSTS
- Stairs, elevators, and long-carry fees. If your movers have to walk over 75 feet or use stairs/elevators, you’re looking at paying extra.
- Moving supplies. Your moving companies in CT are more than happy to provide packing/moving supplies for you, but this convenience can come at an inflated price. (Pro tip: avoid this extra cost and get yourself some free moving boxes!)
- Packing services. You can have your movers pack for you, but you’ll see extra in your contract for this optional service.
Waitingfees. If your moving company CT is at the destination before you and is forced to wait around, whether it’s a local move or a long-distance one, they will assess an extra charge.
5 Off-The-Beaten-Path Things You’ve Gotta Do in CT
- P.T. Barnum Museum, Bridgeport
- Walker Library of the History of Human Imagination, Stamford
- Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities, Hartford
- Reinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, New Haven
- Holy Land U.S.A., Waterbury
The Easiest Way to Get a Grandfather Clock From Point A to Point B
- Grandfather clocks are gorgeous pieces of
artisticfurniture that can instantly add character to any home, but prove to be a burden while moving.
- Before moving the clock, be sure to have all the proper packing materials. These are things like bubble wrap, protective cardboard, and foam pads to protect the pieces, as well as sturdy boxes that can withstand the pressure of the contents inside.
- Weigh the clock before taking it apart. Knowing how much your clock weighs is instrumental in being able to transport it safely without guesswork.
- First, remove all glass panels and ensure that they’re wrapped carefully and securely. Be sure also to mark the outside of the box holding them, “FRAGILE.”
- Next, remove all weights as well as the pendulum with extreme care. Be sure to label the weights with a sticky note or another type of removable paper so that you won’t be confused when it’s time to reassemble.
- Pack the weights and the pendulum with care, just as you did with the glass panels, and also label their boxes with a “FRAGILE” label.
- Be sure to secure the cables and chains so that they aren’t damaged during transport.
- A custom-built crate with padding is the safest method of moving the body of the grandfather clock. After you’ve
cratedthe wooden body, put the entire crate on a dolly to evenly distribute the weight and move it with ease.
- If you are unsure at any point in time, check with moving companies CT for advice.