- From One Big City to Another
- State to State: An Adventure for You, Family, or Your Friends
- Now You're In Houston, What Do You See?
- Before It Begins...
- How Moving Authority Can Help
1. From One Big City to AnotherTexas “The Lone Star State,” has often been at odds with its left-coast rival in the total population. California is number one at
32 million. Texas is number two at twenty-five million. But don’t tell that to a Texan because everything is “still” bigger in Texas compared to other cities and states. Take Houston city, for example, a vibrant and sprawling metropolis of over 6 million. With more coming every day, especially from LA, wouldn’t it be a relief to have thebest game plan possible?As you sojourn through some of the most unforgiving desert terrains, you need a plan! Moving from Los Angeles to Houston is no small feat, but we're here to help.
2. State to State: An Adventure for You, Family, or Friends
Let’s talk about the commute. Interstate 40 is still your best bet.Moving Authority estimatesthat takes 22 hours to get from Houston to Los Angeles. Take note of the time of year and any upcoming inclement weather. You have the option toship your car from state to stateor to drive your own car. If you aretaking your personal caralong for the ride, make sure amechanic checks it outbefore you hit the road. But, your biggest problem will be getting out of the LA metro area! It's a good idea to download traffic apps like SigAlert and Waze to moreefficientlyavoid LA traffic. Make sure you exercise safe smartphone habits. Take a break when you need it.
3. Now You're in Houston, What Do You See?The ultimate goal is to make it to Houston, without having tofile a claim!So you made it out ofLos Angelesand through the desert landscapes of Arizona, New Mexico and, West Texas. You are in the Houston metro area, what do you see? It might be a queue of cars.Not unlikeLA, Houston has its own gridlock conundrum. But, you are a seasoned pro and you are going to get through this. Don't worry though, you'll find the best way to avoid traffic jams in Houston. You may want to stop at a Waffle House and have a burger and a shake.
4. Before It Begins...Follow these steps to make your quest for another nest successful. First, get an estimate from several movers. Even if the first one seems legit, it never hurts to try another.
Remember though, no legitimate mover will give a firm and binding estimate over the phone or the web. Once you reach an agreement on an estimate, it can only expand to over ten percent of the original.
Browse our website and take advantage of ourfree moving calculator.You can also get a free and more detailed quote using themoving cost estimatorfound on right on our home page. We've also got somesolid advice on moving long distancewith family orindependently.