DOT Number Deactivation $199
Product Code: 30
- New DOT Number Deactivation 1
- MCS-150 Form Filing
- New DOT Number Deactivation 3
- New DOT Number Deactivation 4
- New DOT Number Deactivation 5
USDOT Number Inactivation
Do you need help with USDOT Number deactivation? If so, you've come to the right place. This article explores how to deactivate your USDOT Number ASAP. And the process is not as complicated as many people assume. So, are you ready to get your USDOT Number deactivated? Let’s get started.
How to Deactivate the USDOT number
Many people have one misconception about USDOT Number deactivation/inactivation. They assume that they can deactivate their USDOT Numbers online. Well, here’s some bad news. You cannot submit a deactivation request online. In fact, you cannot deactivate the USDOT Number through the phone or online. So, here is how to close the USDOT Number record. You have three deactivation options.
1. You can mail your deactivation request to the FMCSA.
2. You can fax your deactivation request to the FMCSA.
3. You can use the FMCSA web form. But you can only use the web form if you take the following actions. You have to update and sign both an MCS-150 form or an MCS-150B form. The MCS-150 form applies to almost all standard types of motor carriers. The MCS-150B form applies to hazmat carriers.
Using the FMCSA Web Form for Number Deactivation
Let’s say that you choose to use the FMCSA web form for USDOT number deactivation. This means that you need to check a certain box on the MCS-150 form. That box has this label: Out of Business. You will still need to check this box even if your organization is still in business. Checking the box does not mean that your company does not exist any longer. It only means that you want to have your company’s motor carrier options deactivated. You will find this important box within the Reason for Filing Section of the MCS-150 form. A USDOT Number cannot get deactivated unless that box gets checked.
There are other required items to take care of within the MCS-150 form. You have to complete items one through sixteen, thirty, and thirty-one. If you do not, expect your form to get rejected. Remember to take the following action if the USDOT Number owner has died. You must include a death certificate within your deactivation submission. Otherwise, the FMCSA will not have the means to process the request.
The Form Submission Options for USDOT Deactivation
There are several ways to submit the required information for USDOT Number deactivation. As mentioned, the first step is to fill out and complete the MCS-150 (or MCS-150B) form. Next, you can submit the information to the FMCSA. Below are your three main submission options:
1. You can use the FMCSA web form. Make sure that the document gets updated and signed before you upload it. Many people prefer this option. Why? Because it is the fastest way to deactivate a USDOT Number. Plus, each person who submits the form receives a tracking number.
2. The second option is to fax your MCS-150 form. The FMCSA website contains at least two working fax numbers that you can use.
3. The final option is to mail out your MCS-150 form. Make sure that you sign it before it gets in the mail. Otherwise, the form will get rejected and you’ll have to start over. Check the FMCSA website to see the official address for mailing your form. The mailed form will arrive at a precise, official location. It's known as the FMCSA Office of Registration and Safety Information.
Checking the Status of Your USDOT INactivation Request
After submitting a form, you’ll want to know the USDOT Number deactivation request status. In fact, you might need to learn the status before making a deactivation request. Finding the current status of your USDOT number is easy. All you need to do is go to the FMCSA SAFER Company Snapshot website. Once there, you can input your USDOT number and view its status. There is also a second option for checking on the USDOT number status. You can go to the FMCSA online registration website. Once there, you can log in to your account and assess the status. Keep in mind that you must know your USDOT PIN number to access the registration website.
Please contact our organization today if you need help with USDOT Number deactivation. Our team is only a phone call away. We can also help you out when it comes to reactivating your USDOT Number. Also- do you need help revoking your MC number/operating authority? If so, our organization is ready to assist.
When we needed to take a break from our transportation activities, I called Moving Authority and asked them to perform the USDOT Number deactivation on our behalf. The next day I checked the status, and everything was ready. Thank you once again.
Moving Authority successfully helped with my DOT Number Deactivation. It was instead a simple process in their hands. I'll call them back to reactivate soon.
I wanted to deactivate my dot number to run out of business. I called the experts at Moving Authority for advice, and they gently explained the legal issues implying to keep my usdot number idle. My decision was taken. I appreciate their guidance.
I was recommended to notify fmcsa I was going out of business. I called Moving Authority for help. They did the DOT Number Deactivation in my behalf. I'm thankful for that.
I was web surfing searching how to fill form MCS-150 to get a DOT number deactivation, but I ended up confused. I clicked on the Moving Authority website, picked the phone, and done. No more hassle.
The Moving Authority specialists were beneficial and assisted me in filling out the MCS-150 for DOT Number Deactivation. I was impressed with how quick and easy the process was. I would call them again if I needed to.
My company is no longer in operation, so I needed to deactivate my DOT number. That's it. Moving Authority submitted the application and my DOT was successfully revoked.
I was in the process of resetting the DOT pin number but never received the access code. All I needed was to deactivate our company's DOT number. Thanks to the help of Moving Authority, it's done.
After investigating how to deactivate a Dot Number over the phone or through the FMCSA website, I hired the Moving Authority and they took care of filling out and submitting the MCS-150 form for me. No hassles.
I ceased operations a couple of months ago, and I'm catching up. Thank you for this service.
Easy steps and cheap.