Other Washington moving companies online
The Single Person’s Guide to Moving Across the Country — On a Budget
- In today’s society, young people are moving all the time. Millennials are always on the move, and the distance between one coast and another has been greatly reduced by technological advances.
- If you’ve never lived on your own, or you haven’t been in your own place for longer than a few years, you can make a quick, easy, and cheap move, near or far.
- Instead of renting a full moving truck, take out a rental on a one-way cargo van. With this method, you have around 300 cubic feet of space at your disposal.
- If you want to take this option but you have a little bit of furniture that won’t fit inside the cargo van, sell it! eBay and Craigslist are awesome resources for getting rid of unwanted stuff in a hurry.
- Once you reach your destination, do the same thing in reverse. Check Craigslist for gently-used items that are easy on your wallet to fill your new place.
4 Reasons You Should NEVER Go for the Lowest Moving Company Price
- It can be tempting to take up the offer on the lowest price tag, but you really shouldn’t. Here’s why.
- We all know that you get what you pay for. Movers who charge less will most likely care less. When all your stuff is being handled by this company, don’t you want the peace of mind that they will treat your things with respect.
- If this company is charging a suspiciously low price, there’s probably a reason why. Most likely, they’re not fully licensed by the USDOT and are trying to reel in potential customers despite this fact.
- The company may not have proper insurance. It’s bad enough to have to deal with your things breaking in transit, but we all know that accidents happen. What is unacceptable is if you find your stuff in a million pieces with no insurance on your company’s part to cover the damages.
- They may be cutting corners with Workman’s Compensation. Workman’s Compensation insurance is required for all businesses operating in the United States to cover employees in the event of injury on the job. If a moving company charges less, this is a clear indicator that they may be cutting corners with their employees’ insurances, which means that if a mover is injured on your property, you are liable for their medical expenses.
“ The first original song about truck driving appeared in 1939 when Cliff Bruner and His Boys recorded Ted Daffan's "Truck Driver's Blues," a song explicitly marketed to roadside cafe owners who were installing juke boxes in record numbers to serve truckers and other motorists.” - Shane Hamilton
Another film released in 1975, White Line Fever, also involved truck drivers. It tells the story of a Vietnam War veteran who returns home to take over his father's trucking business. But, he soon finds that corrupt shippers are trying to force him to carry illegal contraband.While endorsing another negative connotation towards the trucking industry, it does portray truck drivers with a certain wanderlust.
In the 20th century, the 1940 film "They Drive by Night" co-starred Humphrey Bogart. He plays an independent driver struggling to becomefinanciallystable andeconomicallyindependent. This is all set during the times of the Great Depression. Yet another film was released in 1941, called "The Gang's All Here". It is a story of a trucking company that'sbeen targeted bysaboteurs.
Some trailers canbe towed byan accessible pickup truck or van, which generally need no special permit beyond a regular license. Such examples wouldbe enclosedtoy trailers and motorcycle trailers. Specialized trailers like an open-air motorcycle trailer and bicycle trailers are accessible.Some trailers are much more accessible to small automobiles, as are some simple trailers pulled by a drawbar and riding on a single set of axles.Other trailers also have a variety, such as a utility trailer, travel trailers or campers, etc. to allow for varying sizes of tow vehicles.
There are various versions of a moving scam, but itbasicallybegins with a prospective client. Then the client starts to contact a moving company to request a cost estimate. In today's market, unfortunately, this often happens online or via phone calls. Soessentiallya customer is contacting them for a quote when the moving company may not have a license. These moving sales people are salesman prone to quoting sometimes low.Even though usually reasonable prices with no room for the movers to provide a quality service if it is a broker.