Are you stressed about finding a Portland moving company? Portland Oregon movers are found online, on billboards, and in print ads, but what about a moving company Portland OR that you can trust? Your movers Portland Oregon should be trustworthy and able to handle your relocation with precision. For all your Portland moving services needs, Moving Authority is here to help. Keep reading to see how we can help you locate the most fantastic moving company Portland offers.
3 Questions Everyone Has But No One Asks About Tipping Movers
- Is tipping Portland movers mandatory? No, it isn't a requirement, but it's highly encouraged throughout the industry for a job well done.
- What amount is appropriate? The industry standard is usually 5% to 10% of the total cost of the move per mover.
- Moving is already so costly! Is there something else I can do? If you're having trouble finding room in your budget, a good idea might be to provide lunch and/or refreshments for your movers.
Excellent Advice Before Moving To Portland, Oregon
Portland Attractions for Newbies
Portland is one of the busiest cities in all of Oregon. The appeal to Portland is thanks to its stunning attractions. There are art galleries dotting the cityscape for all to enjoy. It is also a very green city, priding itself on the city’ emphasis to recycle. There is plenty of coffee in Portland as well, which keeps avid coffee drinkers in love with the caffeine hub of the state.
Portland is also home to a lot of microbrew beers, which makes it popular with young adults out on their own for the first time. The Oregon Brewers festival keeps beer drinkers happy every year. If the coffee and beer aren't enough to drink, then turn your attention to the amazing wine that can be found in the state of Oregon. There are hundreds of wineries in the state, and more than 500 vineyards. Despite the recreational drinking culture, Portland is famous for its rich athletic community. From hiking to swimming to skiing, there are plenty of ways to get fit and live an active lifestyle here. Atheletes of all types flock to this Pacific Northwestern city every year for its healthy feel. Portland has one of the most communal feels of any city in the western U.S.A. There is no city quite like Portland.
All About Portland, check out the video!
The Sport of Decluttering: How To Recycle Your Junk With Ease
- Identify. Have you used this particular item in the last year or so? If not, you don't need it.
- Compile. Create a separate space for all your unwanted stuff so that you can easily identify how much of it you’re discarding.
- Those In Need. Check with charities and churches in your area to see if they can accept your old stuff as a donation. Bonus: there's usually a tax deduction associated with this!
- Yard Sale. A few weeks before your move, have a yard sale. You can make a few bucks and clear out some of your junk at the same time.
- Head to the Plant. Pay a visit to your local recycling center for information on how to discard certain materials like glass, plastic, and cardboard.