1001 S. Brown School Rd
<a href="/best-movers/Ohio/Vandalia/american-way-van-storage/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:40 a.m.
Touched base on time, incredible demeanor, and helped us move into our new mountain home - which talks miles for an organization willing to move us up here. We will call these folks again if we require moving administrations. Exceptionally suggested!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:42 a.m.
i recently engaged american van way and storage to move my household from new york to bloomington indiana. my wife and i could not have been more pleased with the efficiency and professionality of this company and its employees. from the first moment, all email correspondence was returned with alacrity and complete answers to any of our questions and concerns. i would like to particularly commend meagan vann, whom we dealt with specifically. she is a consummate professional with a pleasant and friendly disposition. she most certainly made our experience easy, and her confidence in her company was most assuring. the crew that came to execute all the labor on moving day was excellent. they showed up on time, were very friendly and respectful. the handled our chattels with care and concern and worked neatly and efficiently. i am happy to highly recommend american van way and storage to all who are faced with the daunting task of moving. sincerely , mr. peter volpe
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:42 a.m.
Just moved from Indianapolis, IN to Columbia, SC metro areas (mid-December 2017). Eric W. was the overall coordinator, and Michael V. was the primary onsite person. Eric W. came to my home (and Storage Unit) in November. He was professional, and detailed. He gave me a quote for everything I asked. Initially I wasn't going to go with American Way since a competitor tried to poke holes at their statements. I first went with the competitor, but a day later after finding both American Way and National Van Lines are A+ with the BBB, I decided to go with them mainly due to their professionality. The day the packers were supposed to show was a mess. There were a ton of people sick, and a truck was broke down, so, at the end, they needed to come moving day. I was not pleased with this, since I like to avoid last minute stress, but at the end, everyone needs to remember, stuff happens, and what makes one company better than the other is how they deal with bad stuff. I'm not going to say moving day was without stress. It was, but Eric from a coordination side, and Michael, from an on-site side, did everything to make it work. It took longer because of the packers and movers working at the same time, but it did get done. The biggest surprise was how fast they were able to get everything to its new home. We closed on the new house on 12/15, and the furniture was delivered on 12/16 (8am, as promised). This was way shorter than the potential date of 12/26. Absolutely no complaints. Also, since we did a Do Not Exceeds quote, even though the weight of the truck was slightly higher than estimated, they honored their agreement. Moving everything back in day was mainly with the same people who loaded the truck up. That was a big, happy surprise to me, and made keeping track of the inventory that much easier. Between their knowledge of what they packed, and the system they used for inventory control it went smooth and simple. I can't say enough. Out of the many moves I have done, this was the easiest, most straightforward. Things were far from perfect, but in each challenge American Way and National Van Lines, addressed and overcame it. Thanks to the entire team!
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.