83 Washington Pl
<a href="/best-movers/New-York/New-York-City/imperial-moving-and-storage/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:38 a.m.
My bf and I had a flawless move because of Imperial. We moved from a 2 room into a 1 room inside of the same condo building, only 8 stories up (in a lift building). Three men came to do the move. They were on time and ready to move everything in 90 minutes! They were proficient and there was no problem. Before the move, I talked with Ruma who was exceptionally pleasant and booked a level rate move at a sensible rate for me. She was effective with giving a Certificate of Insurance to my building. I would really recommend Imperial to anybody!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:39 a.m.
Incredible movers. This is the second time I've used them. Reasonable, great customer service and they didn't break anything or damage the condo or the house. I would recommend them to others.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:40 a.m.
They were dependable, quick, and reasonable evaluated. I'll unquestionably remember them for future moves.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
DO NOT USE THESE MOVERS. THEY ARE SCAMMERS WHO WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY! I wish I could give them negative stars. Here's what happened: I got an initial quote from a guy named Daniel for $960 for my pack and move from NYC to CT. He told me via email that it was a FLAT RATE which included everything. I confirmed this with him several times. I also called and told them I had some items to be discarded and confirmed the small extra cost for that. Flash forward to my move day, the movers come and are pissed they have to pack the apartment and dispose of those items because no one told them about that. Umm.... what? We didn't even have that much stuff and had packed most of our clothes already. When the move is finished, it's after the office is closed and the foreman tells me my TOTAL IS OVER $2700. The guys refuse to leave until I pay them that amount and I had a 2 month old baby so I needed these big scary dudes to leave. They told me we could call and "get a refund." Ok sure. So I end up speaking with some horrible guy named Roy in their complaints department who offers me a $200 refund after accusing me several times of having "more stuff" which I certainly did not. What a joke. Eventually after numerous complaints to them and the BBB I get that offer raised to $600, but then he stops responding to my emails. They owe me over $1500 and refuse to even come close to that number. I understand Daniel's quote was wrong from the beginning, but that is their problem, not mine. I am going to continue to fight this until I get my money back, because scamming a young family with a baby is effed up and we really need that money.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.