We understand: moving costs a ton.
When you're moving it seems like the best option for your wallet to go the DIY route on everything, right?
Well, it turns out that if you know the right ways to handle a move, you can hire movers and not break the bank.
Keep reading for expert tips for you to get smart about relocating, as well as a comprehensive lsit of the best-rated movers in Jackson.
Other Mississippi moving companies online
- Jackson, MS (6)
- Gulfport, MS (10)
- Hattiesburg, MS (6)
- Brandon, MS (6)
- Meridian, MS (3)
- Biloxi, MS (10)
- Ocean Springs, MS (10)
- Columbus, MS (8)
- Vicksburg, MS (7)
- Tupelo, MS (8)
- Southaven, MS (23)
- Olive Branch, MS (24)
- Laurel, MS (7)
- Starkville, MS (7)
- Greenville, MS (1)
- Burnsville, MS (0)
- Flora, MS (2)
- Michigan City, MS (0)
How To Outsmart the Scammers: Spotting Rogue Movers
- Arbitration. Make sure your moving company has an arbirtrator on staff. This is a person who makes sure that, should a dispute between customer and company arise, it can be fixed outside of court.
- Verify Licensing. Ensure that this company is fully licensed by the FMCSA. Otherwise, you're not choosing the safest option for your things.
- Read Reviews. Check out official sites like Moving Authority as well as peer-reviewed websites like Yelp so that you can see the quality of service this company provides its customers.
- Clarify the Contract.When you receive a contract, make sure to read it in full detail before signing anything. Don’t sign for any charges that aren’t explained fully and agreed by both parties.
5 Delectable Eateries That Will Make You Change Your View of Jackson
- The Manship Wood Fired Kitchen. A perfect marriage of Southern soul food with Mediterranean roots, best eaten outside at an open table with lots of laughs.
- Bully’s Restaurant. Down-home, unassuming, and authentic, this is where you go to get the best of true Mississippi cuisine.
- The Iron Horse Grill. Tried-and-true culinary delights and live music? Count us in.
- Crawdad Hole. Perfect for low-key hangouts, this unpretentious restaurant serves up the best Creole and Cajun foods this side of New Orleans.
- Babalu Tapas and Tacos. The local Mexican influence blends perfectly with Southern charm in this revolutionized taqueria.
4 Sanity-Saving Tips for Relocating with Kids
- Make A List. When you create a checklist, you're doing yourself a huge favor in the way of staying on track.
- Take A Plane. If you are making a long-distance move, it may be a more peaceful option to fly to your destination rather than drive a long way with children.
- Give Kids a Job. If your kids are old enough, instruct them on how to discard unwanted items or even pack their own things.
- Get an Early Start. It's never too soon to be organized.
4 Awesome Places to Take Kids in Jackson, MS
- The Jackson Zoological Park. This manmade wildlife habitat has more than 120 species of animals to kids to learn about and enjoy in a gorgeous nature setting!
- Mississippi Children’s Museum. With fascinating exhibits and hands-on activities, your kids will love exploring this place.
- Mississippi Museum of Natural Science. Here, audiences of all ages can learn about the world around them with awesome exhibitions, an aquarium, a greenhouse, and so much more.
- Mississippi Museum of Art. This is the collection of paintings, sculpture, and performance art in the state of MS. Come here and spend the day indulging your creative side.
Another film released in 1975, White Line Fever, also involved truck drivers. It tells the story of a Vietnam War veteran who returns home to take over his father's trucking business. But, he soon finds that corrupt shippers are trying to force him to carry illegal contraband.While endorsing another negative connotation towards the trucking industry, it does portray truck drivers with a certain wanderlust.
Many modern trucksare powered bydiesel engines, although small to medium size trucks with gas engines exist in the United States.The European Union rules that vehicles with a gross combination of mass up to 3,500 kg (7,716 lb) are also known as light commercial vehicles. Any vehicles exceeding that weightare knownas large goods vehicles.
The FMCSA is a well-known division of the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT). It is generally responsible for the enforcement of FMCSA regulations. The driver of a CMV must keep a record of working hours via a log book.This record must reflect the total number of hours spent driving and resting, as well as the time at which the change of duty status occurred.In place of a log book, a motor carrier may choose to keep track of their hours using an electronic on-board recorder (EOBR). Thisautomaticallyrecords the amount of time spent driving the vehicle.
In 1991 the film "Thelma & Louise" premiered,rapidlybecoming a well known movie.Throughout the movie, a dirty and abrasive truck driver harasses the two women during chance encounters.Author Michael Dunne describes this minor character as "fat and ignorant" and "a lustful fool blinded by a delusion of male superiority".Thelma and Louise exact their revenge by feigning interest in him and then blowing up his tanker truck full of gas.
Released in 1998, the film Black Dog featured Patrick Swayze as a truck driver who made it out of prison.However, his life of crime continued, as hewas manipulatedinto the transportation of illegal guns.Writer Scott Doviak has described the movie as a "high-octane riff on White Line Fever" as well as "a throwback to the trucker movies of the 70s".
In 1986 Stephen King released horror film "MaximumOverdrive", a campy kind of story.It isreallyabout trucks that become animated due to radiation emanating from a passing comet.Oddlyenough, the trucks force humans to pump their diesel fuel. Their leaderis portrayedas resembling Spider-Man's antagonist Green Goblin.