2330 W Horner Ave
<a href="/best-movers/Illinois/University-Park/skyline-movers-moving-reviews/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
Confronted with a close shock shutting, with the busiest moving few days of the year looming... I was stunned and elated that Skyline could give me first rate administration with not a hitch, glitch, or whoopsie minute in the move. Having a pickup in Richton Park, a stop over in Homewood, and afterward landing at my new home.. I was perplexed Skyline would "discover some path" to finagle additional charges. While different movers tack on fuel expenses, and love to soak a bill in additional charges... Horizon was forthright, and easy to take after. A (marginally high) hourly charge, with time being charged from when the truck departs the carport until it returns... adjusted to the closest 1/4 hour. Sufficiently straightforward. The men of honor showed up precisely when they said they would toward the beginning of today. They had me "give a visit" of what all was moving, and afterward, they took to the occupation immediately. The three man group moved each and every case we'd pressed up, and even helped me in conveying a couple of "high ticket" things to my auto. They then tailed me to our second stop, and kept on pushing on through. When we got to my new home, the team saved no time in getting everything off the truck. What's more, in 5 hours of moving, did not scrape, scratch, ding, mark, or generally hurt a solitary thing. I'd prescribe Skyline to any family searching for solid, viable administration. It's not going to be the least expensive mover around the local area, however you unquestionably get what you pay for: a persevering team who knows not to slack off. Praise.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
For one thing, I truly welcome the per thing evaluating (altered cost in light of number/sort of things you need moved). I generally get disappointed with every hour organizations - in my experience those folks stall to string out the expense. Fair valuing and these folks moved quick, as well as truly took as much time as necessary wrapping everything up securely. To start with move I've had where nothing was dinged!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Had 3 people to assist with recent move and 1 seriously couldn't keep up. I'm double their age and had to assist with move to complete in a timely matter given 2 were not in shape to be doing this job. Itemed were dropped during move, which luckily were not breakable. Boxes marked as fragile had heavy boxes stacked on them. Didn't follow Covid-19 guidelines during move as website stated would be followed with none of the movers wearing masks. Had used previously in 2020 without complaints, but have told multiple people to steer clear when they have inquired about movers to use. To top it off, they damaged all my furniture that I paid to put in their storage when paying top dollar to have it protected with reimbursement that won't even buy me a new chair for the table and chairs they damaged. They deny that the items were damaged in their care when this was the first time they were moved since purchased. Horrible customer service, horrible business that will not stand by their services or agreements.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.