Membership(s) & License
US DOT #504435
3600 Jarvis Ave
<a href="/best-movers/Illinois/Skokie/golans-moving-storage-company/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:40 a.m.
I used Golan's for my last move in Chicago. From booking a move to the real moving day Golan's movers ensured that I got all important info about my move on time. Movers were well mannered, productive and on time. They were careful with my things and ensured that my furniture, hardwood floors and dividers were not damaged by the move. Those folks merit 5 stars. I will hire them for my future moves.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
I had an awesome involvement with Golan's. My spouse and I moved inside of Chicago, from third floor loft to third floor apartment suite, an aggregate of 2 miles move. The men arrived right on time and got the opportunity to work. Similarly as I could tell, they didn't enjoy a reprieve. The last cost was under the assessment they gave me. Everything was all around wrapped and looked after. My just grievance, which is not by any means a protest, is that I don't think the individual I made the meeting with on the telephone truly considered me important when I said that we had a two-room condo and a ton of books. The four-man group took 8 hours. Like I said, they buckled down the entire time however I think a five-man group would have made a difference. It wouldn't have affected my last cost, yet it may have been less demanding on the group. Generally, an awesome experience. Much appreciated, Golan's!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
This crew did an amazing job. We moved from Skokie to Fort Wayne without any problems. The movers were on time, and although we did most of the packing, they were able to package up some of our furniture without any problems. I was worried our furniture would be damaged, chipped, broken, or the walls when they moved everything into our new home. There was no damage anywhere. They did a really great job in getting everything moved. If we move again, I know who to call!
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Amazing moving service, would hire them again! These guys were very professional. I told them to take extra precaution with a couple of things and they did. The communicated regularly with us prior to showing up, while they had our things, when they would arrive. Put our minds at ease. Absolute best moving service in the area. Thank you guys!
Carlos Theodorico de Freitas
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
I had a terrible experience with Golan's. It damaged all my furniture (ALL PIECES), broke my TV and lost one of my bags. It worked as a Broker and sent a disqualified team to my house who used my credit card information for a scam. At the delivery, it did not finish to resemble my furniture. Additionally, it delivered my furniture with a huge delay!!!
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.