Membership(s) & License
US DOT #1126046
12355 NE 13 Ave
<a href="/best-movers/Florida/Miami/north-america-moving-storage-reviews/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
Made a deposit with the company for a move. Manager/Owner stated they would not refund my deposit when I cancelled the move. On 5/9, I ordered a move to take place with the Company. During the conversation with Chris Overby (888-255-2531 Ext. 107), he stated if we cancelled I would receive a refund on my $500 deposit. I received this in writing on 5/9. On 5/16, I contacted Chris to notify him that I would not be moving and needed to cancel the services and receive a refund. He responded by saying "ok". Later, I received a call from him which he said it was too loud to speak and that we would have to text and hung up on me. We then had a text message exchange where he said the owner refused to refund the money, stating we "might as well just do the move with us" even though I'm not moving and also stated he would credit us for a future move. Again, we aren't moving. Chris is a representative of the Company and his writing confirming I could cancel anytime is a binding contract between the Company and myself and the refusal to return the deposit is grounds for litigation. His manager, Yair (everyone refuses to provide his last name) said he would take my complaint to "upper management" and see if he could get my refund back. To date, I have yet to hear back.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:43 a.m.
Do not use this company. You may think you are working with North American (notice the final N on American) Van Lines that has a reasonable reputation - you are not. North America Moving and Storage is out to do one thing - TAKE YOUR MONEY. You will be given a low ball quote, the quote will be doubled come moving day, your movers may be theives , one stole money from me and was arrested, your property will be damaged and you will be lucky if things are delivered within 4 weeks. If you dispute any charges or need customer service you will find no one to help you. They will block your phone number and you will never see a dime of your money returned. I will never recommended this company to anyone. Zero stars at the most!
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.