The Art of Cutting Your Moving Costs: How to Save Your Cash
- Make sure you’re not making your movers walk over 75 feet from the moving space to the truck, or vice versa. This is called a long carry fee, and it should be avoided.
- Score some free moving boxes from local stores, universities, and offices in your area.
- Wrap your kitchen dishes in shirts, and your stemware in clean pairs of socks. This way, you’re not shelling out for newspapers and the bonus of this is that ink won’t get all over everything you touch!
- Select movers who use GPS. They will drive the fastest routes, which translates to a lower drive time, and more money in your pocket.
Why Hiring Professional Movers Is a Good Idea — And How To Find The Best
- Movers San Francisco understand the ins and outs of relocation and can do the job fast.
- Professionals are fully vetted and thoroughly trained when they’re hired as San Francisco movers, so you’re getting a passionate crew of movers SF who want to see your move happen successfully.
- All your items are insured against accidental mishaps when you move with professionals, which is something that you don’t have when you take the DIY route.
- The SF movers you will hire are local experts in the area, which comes in handy when you’re moving from out of town.
Relocation Tips For Moving To San Francisco
Don’t Let These Rogue Mover Scams Happen to You
- If your San Francisco mover doesn’t fully explain the charges on the contract prior to signing, they aren’t interested in giving their customer the greatest satisfaction possible. Ask for clarification, or replace them.
- If your movers are sloppy, not in a uniform, and not energetic, they might be day laborers who are just looking for a paycheck rather than moving your items with care.
- Make sure that your prospective moving San Francisco company is licensed by the USDOT and the FMCSA. This is imperative to ensure that your company is practicing legally and safely.
- Ask to see that the company has a tariff. This is a legal document which states the company’s terms and conditions and without it, the moving company would fail an inspection with the USDOT.
Who Here Wants An Easier Move to SF?
- Moving Authority has all the information you need when it comes to local and long distance moving and storage companies across the United States.
- If you're looking for a full service moving company, you can read the reviews on our website to see if you would like to go with a mover for your move.
- If you are looking for moving services San Francisco for a residential move or a business and office move, Moving Authority always has a list of the best movers for the job.
- We also have tips for when you move such as saving money on moving supplies.
- For some more information, please send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 702-333-2430.
- Our associates will be on the line to answer your questions about moving and storage.