P.O Box 14046
<a href="/best-movers/California/Palm-Desert/sigavan-moving-systems/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:40 a.m.
These folks were a lifeline. I called them and they could crush me into their timetable without prior warning. Also it was 3 degrees when we needed to move. It was unquestionably justified regardless of the cash and by me leasing my own particular truck I spared a great deal of cash.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
Avoid this horrible company! I called to get a quote for a move, and asked for a grand total price on what I'd pay. I was given the quote, and read it back to the guy to confirm. I then called other companies for quotes, and called Sigavan back to schedule my move later in the day. I again read the quote back to the guy, and confirmed with him that this was my grand total cost for the move- he confirmed this. The day of the move came, and the movers were prompt, fast, polite, and effective - I cannot say a single bad word about the guys who showed up and actually did the moving. However, after the move I was shocked when I was handed my bill. I only had a small amount of stuff to move a couple cities over, and the move was fully competed in under 2.5 hours. However, I was charged for 3 hours, with each hour charged at the price I was quoted for the entire job! I explained to the movers that this was not what I was quoted, so they reached out to the boss who then drove over to meet us. He was the most rude, unprofessional, and offensive business owner I have ever met! He got into my face and started poking at my chest with his finger, as if he was going to scare me into paying him the amount of money he wanted. He lied to my face and told me that he said things on the phone which he never did, and he acted as if it was my responsibility to know that the quoted price was not enough, so I should therefore have expected to pay more. I tried to explain to him that I don't know what his overhead costs are, and the only thing I have to go off of is the price I was quoted and which was confirmed to me multiple times- he didn't care. I also explained to him that I received quotes for less than what he was attempting to charge me, and that I wouldn't have hired his company if he was upfront about his pricing - again, he didn't care. All he seemed to care about was insulting me, cussing at me, and trying to squeeze as much money out of me as he could. It was only after asking him for his business license number, and telling him that I was going to report his unhonest and unethical business practices, that he finally agreed to settle for less. I ended up paying him only about what I would have paid another company, and not the full ridiculous amount of money he wanted- however, I think he is lucky he even got that with the business practices he uses! All I can offer as advice, is to stay far far away from Sigavan!
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.