Other California moving companies online
- Los Angeles, CA (386)
- San Diego, CA (138)
- San Jose, CA (81)
- San Francisco, CA (101)
- Sacramento, CA (53)
- Fresno, CA (18)
- Bakersfield, CA (19)
- Long Beach, CA (385)
- Riverside, CA (65)
- Oakland, CA (133)
- Stockton, CA (29)
- Anaheim, CA (109)
- Santa Ana, CA (111)
- Modesto, CA (21)
- Chula Vista, CA (136)
- Venice, CA (382)
- San Bernardino, CA (35)
- La Mirada, CA (388)
Don't Ignore Plants When Moving!
- Plants, because they are living things, aren’t allowed to go inside of a moving truck.
- If you’re staying local, it’s best to transport your plants and flowers in your own personal vehicle.
- If you’re moving long-distance, however, this can be somewhat difficult.
- If you’ll take your own car along with having a moving truck, and you can take your plants along for the ride.
- If you’re traveling a long way without a personal vehicle, it’s for the best that you find a new home for your plants. Get some new ones at your destination to make your new place feel like home.
Relocating Like a Pro
- Understand your type of service moving. Whether you're moving across town, or it's a long-distance move, sketch out what the move will entail.
- This means that you should think about whether you are moving your home, your office, or even both.
- Moving only your home is called a residential move.This is the most common type of relocating service in the industry.
- Moving only your office or your business is called a commercial move. This happens when a business graduates to a larger space, gains a new location, or moves to a new location.
- A combination of a residential and office move happens when a business owner begins again in a new place.
- Let us help you find the best movers in California with our listing of reputable, reviewed companies.
As we've learned the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 was crucial in the construction of the Interstate Highway System. Described as an interconnected network of the controlled-access freeway. It also allowed larger trucks to travel at higher speeds through rural and urban areas alike.This act was also the first to allow the first federal largest gross vehicle weight limits for trucks, set at 73,208 pounds (33,207 kg). The very same year, Malcolm McLean pioneered modern containerized intermodal shipping. This allowed for the more efficient transfer of cargo between truck, train, and ships.
The number one hit on the Billboard chart in 1976 was quite controversial for the trucking industry. "Convoy," is a song about a group of reckless truck drivers bent on evading laws such as toll booths and speed traps.The song went on to inspire the film "Convoy", featuring defiant Kris Kristofferson screaming "piss on your law!" After the film's release, thousands of independent truck drivers went on strike. The participated in violent protests during the 1979 energy crisis.However, similar strikes had occurred during the 1973 energy crisis.
“Writer-director James Mottern said he was influenced by nuanced, beloved movies of the 1970s such as "The Last Detail" and "Five Easy Pieces." Mottern said his female trucker character began with a woman he saw at a Southern California truck stop — a "beautiful woman, bleach blonde ... skin tanned to leather walked like a Teamster, blue eyes.” - Paul Brownfield
In order toload or unload
Aproperlyfitted close-coupled traileris fittedwith a rigid tow bar. It then projects from its front and hooks onto a hook on the tractor. It is important to not that it does not pivot as a