Membership(s) & License
US DOT #1835297
15934 S Figueroa St
<a href="/best-movers/California/Gardena/cal-van-lines-reviews/"><img width="150" height="133" src="/static/common/images/badge-1.webp" alt="MovingCompany" /></a>
People also viewedSee all >>
Customers Reviews+ Write A Review
To see full content of an review, just click on card that you want to see.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:41 a.m.
They don't even deserve one star. This company broke so much stuff that had been carefully packed it is clear the boxes were thrown around with no regard to the contents. All my Christmas holiday ornaments were never delivered and yet they gave me a table that did not belong to me. All the boxes were very carefully packed with padding plastic paper bubble wrap etc. because the boxes were obviously thrown around many of my most precious items were smashed and broken. Five plastic storage Bins that contained clothing were broken and cracked. this business should be shut down. What a nightmare. Several framed pictures but they told me they would wrap for me were not wrapped frames were smashed and the photos scratched and damaged badly. A lamp that q's to be packed by them was merely wrapped carelessly in Moving blanket and taped. When I opened it the fluorescent bulb was broken leaving exposed mercury which is a major health hazard.
Feb. 23, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Working with the company was a horrific experience. The first tactic in business is threats. They delayed the loading date (two days before move) after dates agreed by contract which was impossible since I was leaving the country the next day. It took documentation as well as too many phone conversations for me to insist that they adhere to the contract. The person managing my move, Alexander was rude, abusive, threatening and unprofessional although I was the person adhering to the contract. I will be reporting this company. They were also dishonest with me. I kept all phone records as well as emails to prove the dishonesty. I would give them a zero with the exception that the actual moving fellows were helpful. I have moved many time and never had such a dreadful experience.
Add a Review
Do you know?
- A moving company, removalist, or van line are all companies that help people as well as other businesses to move their goods from one place to another. With many inclusive services for relocation like packing, loading, moving, unloading, unpacking and arranging of items can all be taken care of for you. Some services may include cleaning the place and have warehousing facilities.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 40 million United States citizens have moved annually over the last decade. Of those people who have moved in the United States, 84.5% of them have moved within their own state, 12.5% have moved to another state, and 2.3% have moved to another country.
- In the United States and Canada, the cost for long-distance moves is generally determined by a few factors. The first is the weight of the items to be moved and the distance it will go. Cost is also based on how quickly the items are to be moved, as well as the time of the year or month which the move occurs. In the United Kingdom and Australia, it's quite different. They base price on the volume of the items as opposed to their weight. Keep in mind some movers may offer flat rate pricing.
- Many people are familiar with this type of moving, using truck rental services, or borrowing similar hardware, is known as DIY moving. Whoever is renting a truck or trailer large enough to carry their household goods may obtain moving equipment if necessary. Equipment may be items such as dollies, furniture pads, and cargo belts to protect furniture and to ease the moving process.
- As most people have experienced, moving does involve having the appropriate materials. Some materials you might find at home or may be more resourceful to save money while others may choose to pay for everything. Either way materials such as boxes, paper, tape, and bubble wrap with which to pack box-able and/or protect fragile household goods. It is also used to consolidate the carrying and stacking on moving day. Self-service moving companies offer another viable option. It involves the person moving buying a space on one or more trailers or shipping containers. These containers are then professionally driven to the new location.
- There many reasons for moving, each one with a unique and specific reason as to why. Relocation services, employee relocation, or workforce mobility can create a range of processes. This process of transferring employees, their families, and/or entire departments of a business to a new location can be difficult. Like some types of employee benefits, these matters are dealt with by human resources specialists within a corporation.