Other Alabama moving companies online
- Birmingham, AL (17)
- Mobile, AL (15)
- Montgomery, AL (15)
- Huntsville, AL (15)
- Tuscaloosa, AL (15)
- Dothan, AL (16)
- Bessemer, AL (17)
- Gadsden, AL (15)
- Decatur, AL (15)
- Madison, AL (15)
- Florence, AL (15)
- Phenix City, AL (15)
- Auburn, AL (15)
- Athens, AL (15)
- Anniston, AL (15)
- Equality, AL (15)
- Minter, AL (15)
- Echola, AL (15)
The Art of Selecting a Relocation Company: Getting the Most For Your Money
- Read up on reviews. Check out what previous customers have mentioned about company’s performance.
- Call them. Did someone pick up the phone pleasantly and professionally? Enquire about the types of moving services they offer. Is the person knowledgeable and willing to help?
- Pay them a visit. Is the company's facility clean and organized? Ask detailed questions about any extra fees that can pop up, how to prepare your home or office for the move, and what timeline you should be following on your end so that everything goes smoothly.
- Request an on-site estimate. This is the most precise form of obtaining a quote, but you’ll get a chance to watch the professionalism of the estimator at work.
- Get details. Be certain that all items on the contract are explained in detail, and that your quote is a binding quote, which means the price won’t magically increase for (seemingly) no reason.
The Top 4 Places to Visit for a Spectacular Day in Birmingham
- Sloss Furnaces. This is a National Historic Landmark which highlights the iron production industry and rich Southern Industrialism of the past. Today, legend has it that even some ghosts can be seen in the ruins!
- McWane Science Center. When you want to get blinded by science, this is the place to go. Perfect for kids and adults alike, there’s an IMAX theater as well as an extensive research archive.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens. Take a stroll through the never-ending greenery and breath easily in nature.
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve. With sweeping views of Birmingham and of Jefferson County, you’ll truly feel like you’re on top of the world.
4 Places to Feel Like a Local in Birmingham, Alabama
- Trattoria Cafe
- The Bottle Tree
- Church Street Coffee and Books
- Urban Standard
DON’T MAKE THESE ROOKIE MISTAKES WHEN HIRING MOVERS
- Assuming they are licensed. Ensure that both the FMCSA and the USDOT have fully backed the company you want to hire for your move. If not, you're putting all your wordly possessions in the hands of potentially rogue movers.
- Not Asking About the Tariff. If a company doesn’t have a tariff, they are not able to pass inspections done by the USDOT, which compromises the security of your things.
- Choosing a cheap option. It's temping to want to pay less and save money, but it's important to think of the big picture here. In the moving services industry, it's true that you get what you pay for.
In 2009, the book 'Trucking Country: The Road to America's Walmart Economy' debuted, written by author Shane Hamilton. This novel explores the interesting history of trucking and connects certain developments.Particularly how such development in the trucking industry have helped the so-called big-box stored. Examples of these would include Walmart or Target, they dominate the retail sector of the U.S. economy. Yet, Hamilton connects historical and present-day evidence that connects such correlations.
In 1999, The Simpsons episode Maximum Homerdrive aired. It featured Homer and Bart making a delivery for a truck driver named Red after he unexpectedly dies of 'food poisoning'.
Within the world of transportation, bypass routes are often very controversial.This ismostlydue to the fact that theyrequirethe building of a road carrying heavy traffic where no road existed before.This has created conflict among society thus creating a divergence between those in support of bypasses and those whoare opposed. Supporters believe they reduce congestion in built up areas. Those in opposition do not believe in developing (often rural) undeveloped land.In addition, the cities thatare bypassedmay also oppose such a project as reduced traffic may, in turn, reduce and damage business.
In 1986 Stephen King released horror film "MaximumOverdrive", a campy kind of story.It isreallyabout trucks that become animated due to radiation emanating from a passing comet.Oddlyenough, the trucks force humans to pump their diesel fuel. Their leaderis portrayedas resembling Spider-Man's antagonist Green Goblin.
Moving companies that operate within the borders of a particular state are usually regulated by the state DOT. Sometimes the public utility commission in that state will take care of it.This only applies to some of the U.S. states such as in California (California Public Utilities Commission) or Texas (Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.However, no matter what state you are in it is always best to make sure you are compliant with that state
There are various versions of a moving scam, but itbasicallybegins with a prospective client. Then the client starts to contact a moving company to request a cost estimate. In today's market, unfortunately, this often happens online or via phone calls. Soessentiallya customer is contacting them for a quote when the moving company may not have a license. These moving sales people are salesman prone to quoting sometimes low.Even though usually reasonable prices with no room for the movers to provide a quality service if it is a broker.