Other Alabama moving companies online
- Birmingham, AL (17)
- Mobile, AL (15)
- Montgomery, AL (15)
- Huntsville, AL (15)
- Tuscaloosa, AL (15)
- Dothan, AL (16)
- Bessemer, AL (17)
- Gadsden, AL (15)
- Decatur, AL (15)
- Madison, AL (15)
- Florence, AL (15)
- Phenix City, AL (15)
- Auburn, AL (15)
- Athens, AL (15)
- Anniston, AL (15)
- Equality, AL (15)
- Minter, AL (15)
- Echola, AL (15)
The Art of Selecting a Relocation Company: Getting the Most For Your Money
- Read up on reviews. Check out what previous customers have mentioned about company’s performance.
- Call them. Did someone pick up the phone pleasantly and professionally? Enquire about the types of moving services they offer. Is the person knowledgeable and willing to help?
- Pay them a visit. Is the company's facility clean and organized? Ask detailed questions about any extra fees that can pop up, how to prepare your home or office for the move, and what timeline you should be following on your end so that everything goes smoothly.
- Request an on-site estimate. This is the most precise form of obtaining a quote, but you’ll get a chance to watch the professionalism of the estimator at work.
- Get details. Be certain that all items on the contract are explained in detail, and that your quote is a binding quote, which means the price won’t magically increase for (seemingly) no reason.
The Top 4 Places to Visit for a Spectacular Day in Birmingham
- Sloss Furnaces. This is a National Historic Landmark which highlights the iron production industry and rich Southern Industrialism of the past. Today, legend has it that even some ghosts can be seen in the ruins!
- McWane Science Center. When you want to get blinded by science, this is the place to go. Perfect for kids and adults alike, there’s an IMAX theater as well as an extensive research archive.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens. Take a stroll through the never-ending greenery and breath easily in nature.
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve. With sweeping views of Birmingham and of Jefferson County, you’ll truly feel like you’re on top of the world.
4 Places to Feel Like a Local in Birmingham, Alabama
- Trattoria Cafe
- The Bottle Tree
- Church Street Coffee and Books
- Urban Standard
DON’T MAKE THESE ROOKIE MISTAKES WHEN HIRING MOVERS
- Assuming they are licensed. Ensure that both the FMCSA and the USDOT have fully backed the company you want to hire for your move. If not, you're putting all your wordly possessions in the hands of potentially rogue movers.
- Not Asking About the Tariff. If a company doesn’t have a tariff, they are not able to pass inspections done by the USDOT, which compromises the security of your things.
- Choosing a cheap option. It's temping to want to pay less and save money, but it's important to think of the big picture here. In the moving services industry, it's true that you get what you pay for.
Alongside the many different trailers provided are motorcycle trailers. Theyare designedto haul motorcycles behind an automobile or truck.Depending on size and capability, some trailer may be able to carry several motorcycles orperhapsjustone. Theyspecificallydesigned this trailer to meet the needs of motorcyclists. They carry motorcycles, have ramps, and include tie-downs.There may be a utility trailer adaptedpermanentlyoroccasionallyto haul one or more motorcycles.
In many countries, driving a truck requires a special driving license. The requirements and limitations vary with each different jurisdiction.
In the United States, a commercial driver's license is required to drive any type of commercial vehicle weighing 26,001 lb (11,794 kg) or more. In 2006 the US trucking industry employed 1.8 million drivers of heavy trucks.
Within the world of transportation, bypass routes are often very controversial.This ismostlydue to the fact that theyrequirethe building of a road carrying heavy traffic where no road existed before.This has created conflict among society thus creating a divergence between those in support of bypasses and those whoare opposed. Supporters believe they reduce congestion in built up areas. Those in opposition do not believe in developing (often rural) undeveloped land.In addition, the cities thatare bypassedmay also oppose such a project as reduced traffic may, in turn, reduce and damage business.
In 1984 the animated TV series The Transformers told the story of a group of extraterrestrial humanoid robots.However, itjustso happens that they disguise themselves as automobiles. Their leader of the Autobots clan, Optimus Prime,is depictedas an awesome semi-truck.